Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For the miserable sods on here.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Check Bozza's poll. We're not miserable sods. There are far more people complaining about the complainers than there are people complaining!

(edit - but thanks for the highlights reel)

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
For one ghastly GHASTLY moment I thought this was going to contain footage of Hereford, the last game at the Goldstone, Gillingham, etc etc etc with the usual exhortations for us to "remember how far we've come".

So yeah, thanks for the highlights and not using any tired old 1997 cliches.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
For one ghastly GHASTLY moment I thought this was going to contain footage of Hereford, the last game at the Goldstone, Gillingham, etc etc etc with the usual exhortations for us to "remember how far we've come".

Hereford WAS great though! :whistle:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I don't think l could ever get tired of watching highlights of the Hereford game. A truly, maybe THE truly, iconic moment connected with our club.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think l could ever get tired of watching highlights of the Hereford game. A truly, maybe THE truly, iconic moment connected with our club.

Yes agreed. But I hate it when 1997 is used as the frame of reference for absolutely everything to do with BHA. It's like saying everything in Britain is great and fantastic because we don't shove children up chimneys any more.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Hereford WAS great though! :whistle:

A chance to see their ramshackle of a ground tonight on BT Sports. In 20 years it hasn't changed a bit.

I really hope they get through their FA Cup replay with Fleetwood to take on Premier League Leicester in the third round.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Now that @AmexRuislip is the official NSC Cheerleader, how long before he turns up at games with Pom Poms :laugh:

Great Highlights :thumbsup:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
what struck me about the videos was

a) how influential GROSS was and he seems to have lost it
b) that we played the ball forward not backwards , mainly the same players but different mindsets on the day

Tells me we need to go into these games with a 'we can win' this rather than ' let's not loose it' approach.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes agreed. But I hate it when 1997 is used as the frame of reference for absolutely everything to do with BHA. It's like saying everything in Britain is great and fantastic because we don't shove children up chimneys any more.

We don’t? Since when :moo:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

b) that we played the ball forward not backwards , mainly the same players but different mindsets on the day

Tells me we need to go into these games with a 'we can win' this rather than ' let's not loose it' approach.
As often is said a large percentage of the game is played in the mind

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

More's the pity, dammit. Character building, it was. Whole ruddy country's gone soft!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Haha I got all titsy with the poster that Hereforded us a couple of weeks ago.
That whole thinking based around what is essentially a completely different club the moment the chips are down is so jarring.

On a totally unrelated topic, 5-Live just opened up with:-

'Tonight we are at the FA Cup reply between Hereford & Fleetwood, Hereford being the lowliest team left in the competition'.

***quickly walking off in the opposite direction, ashamed with myself***

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The other team gets coached too.

If we only have one, well publicised, attacking threat, what do you expect to happen?

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
And so forth it is now decreed we must be thankful that after years of suffering we end up in the promised land but must never ne never dare moan about going down without a fight!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here