Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Be nice to be on 20 points+ after them.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
No, however I feel general morale needs a boost after 1 point in 5 games, inability to score goals, the Palace/police goings on and a couple of signs of frustration from the pitch.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
.....must win games?

One would like to think so, we need to hit that 20 point mark at the half way stage to boost moral, anything extra is a bonus. Staying out of the bottom three over new year will also make us a better proposition to any transfer targets rather than a team in free fall. We need to attract a decent striker in the window, failure to succeed in signing anyone will inevitably lead to our relegation without a shadow of a doubt.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No. And I think expectations need to be based on our current form not a points total.

I would actually take 3 points from Burnley, Watford, Chelsea and Newcastle away and finish the year on 20 points. We then go into the New Year with a bit more belief ready for the home game against Bournemouth, then away to West Brom. By the time we face Chelsea, would be nice to be on 24 after 23 played.

At this point anything above that would be a real bonus.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would actually take 3 points from Burnley, Watford, Chelsea and Newcastle away

I hear what you’re saying but given current form 3 points from another 4 games isn’t enough. If we want to stay up we need to be targeting a minimum of 2 wins in a bunch of games which features Burnley, Watford and Newcastle.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Will settle for improved performance in the form of a) far less five yard passes going astray and b) general upping of the tempo in the opposition half. Not going to get very much out of either game otherwise.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I hear what you’re saying but given current form 3 points from another 4 games isn’t enough. If we want to stay up we need to be targeting a minimum of 2 wins in a bunch of games which features Burnley, Watford and Newcastle.

Correct ... whilst not must wins we need to be hoovering up the points in our next few games and Newcastle is as big a must win as most in that lot. If we're not way ahead of the curve by the end of Feb we're buggered when you look at the fixtures from there on

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
...and if we don't get 4 points? We give up?

Don’t think he said give up but somehow we got to get to 38/40 points if we don’t target certain games and try to win then we’ve going down simple . That team should of started at Huddersfield to give us a proper chance rather than the poor team selection that was put out . Fingers crossed for Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Don’t think he said give up but somehow we got to get to 38/40 points if we don’t target certain games and try to win then we are going down simple . That team should of started at Huddersfield to give us a proper chance rather than the poor team selection that was put out . Fingers crossed for Saturday

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

I may sound like a Christmas Scrooge, but on current form, I can't see us getting any more than 2 points from those games.:(

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We need 7 more wins and it'll ease the building pressure to get 2 of them in these games.

So more that they are 'good idea to actually win' games.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I may sound like a Christmas Scrooge, but on current form, I can't see us getting any more than 2 points from those games.:(

I’ll be back to bounce this when we’ve destroyed Burnley and stamped all over their players....metaphorically of course :smile:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We need to win one of them, although both would be nice, obviously.

If we fail to win them both, and we slip down the table still further, it feels as though we'll be in a bit of a nosedive that may prove very difficult to pull out of.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here