Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Player ratings v Spurs (a)

0 Not allowed!
    Anyone?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Ryan. 6. Could he have done better with the first goal? Probably not. To be fair it would have taken a worldie performance to come away with a clean sheet.

Jack Sparrow. 4.5. Better in his 'best' position, but still looks a like a startled deer when the ball comes near him. Couple of galumphing runs in the second half were an improvement.
      Duffy. 6.5. Seeing as we spent 90% of the match defending, the centre pairing deserve some credit.
      Dunk. 6.5. As above.
      Bong. 6.5. Did ok at times, looks a better choice than Suttner at the moment.

Knockaert. 6. Had a couple of scorching runs, but is having to start so far back in our own half it's hard to convert them. Needs to ENJOY his football again; his unhappiness and frustration is plainly visible, and hindering his game. Smile, Anthony, if you can.
      Stephens. 4.5. Struggled to find his team mates, looking knackered.
      Kayal. 4. Game largely passed him by, but it was a hard ask to return in a game like this and do much more. The more we can rotate the midfield the better for our season.
      Izqueirdo. 4. Didn't make much of an impact, seems to be struggling to find his feet and/or mojo in the PL.

Propper. 4.5. Huffed and puffed but didn't have many chances, or create many.
      Hemed. 5. Starved of the ball. Might have scored late on, but his shot was just good rather than great, and that's the difference at this level.

March. 6.5. As on Saturday, looked to shake things up by running at defenders and lifted things a bit. Needs to cross better.
      Murray. 4. Don't remember him actually doing anything in his brief stint on the pitch. This kind of game isn't where he makes a difference. Wish we could try Baldock as a striking option.
      Gross. 4. Like Murray, no time to influence things.
      "These were, I have to say, quite easily the ugliest people I have ever seen in my life, and I've been to Selhurst Park when Crystal Palace are at home."

Charlie Connelly, 'Attention All Shipping: a Journey round the Shipping Forecast'; published by Abacus Books, 2004, page 94.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhafc99 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Ryan. 6. Could he have done better with the first goal? Probably not. To be fair it would have taken a worldie performance to come away with a clean sheet.

Jack Sparrow. 4.5. Better in his 'best' position, but still looks a like a startled deer when the ball comes near him. Couple of galumphing runs in the second half were an improvement.
      Duffy. 6.5. Seeing as we spent 90% of the match defending, the centre pairing deserve some credit.
      Dunk. 6.5. As above.
      Bong. 6.5. Did ok at times, looks a better choice than Suttner at the moment.

Knockaert. 6. Had a couple of scorching runs, but is having to start so far back in our own half it's hard to convert them. Needs to ENJOY his football again; his unhappiness and frustration is plainly visible, and hindering his game. Smile, Anthony, if you can.
      Stephens. 4.5. Struggled to find his team mates, looking knackered.
      Kayal. 4. Game largely passed him by, but it was a hard ask to return in a game like this and do much more. The more we can rotate the midfield the better for our season.
      Izqueirdo. 4. Didn't make much of an impact, seems to be struggling to find his feet and/or mojo in the PL.

Propper. 4.5. Huffed and puffed but didn't have many chances, or create many.
      Hemed. 5. Starved of the ball. Might have scored late on, but his shot was just good rather than great, and that's the difference at this level.

March. 6.5. As on Saturday, looked to shake things up by running at defenders and lifted things a bit. Needs to cross better.
      Murray. 4. Don't remember him actually doing anything in his brief stint on the pitch. This kind of game isn't where he makes a difference. Wish we could try Baldock as a striking option.
      Gross. 4. Like Murray, no time to influence things.
      How can you give two people a 4 and then explain your reasoning behind it as “no time to influence things?”. Surely either an average rating or a no rating?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sussex_guy2k2 View Post
      How can you give two people a 4 and then explain your reasoning behind it as “no time to influence things?”. Surely either an average rating or a no rating?
      And four players given a lower rating than Schelotto.
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      And four players given a lower rating than Schelotto.
      Yeah, by a MASSIVE half point. Ooh, OUTRAGEOUS. And for a game The Argus summed up with "Schelotto one of the pluses for me."

Post your own opinions then, rather than just nitpicking at someone else's.
      "These were, I have to say, quite easily the ugliest people I have ever seen in my life, and I've been to Selhurst Park when Crystal Palace are at home."

Charlie Connelly, 'Attention All Shipping: a Journey round the Shipping Forecast'; published by Abacus Books, 2004, page 94.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Ryan 6 - easy night
      Schelotto 6
      Bong 7
      Dunk 8
      Duffy 9
      Knockaert 6
      Stephens 4
      Propper 4
      Kayal 6
      Izquierdo 6
      Hemed 6

March 6
      Murray n/a
      Gross n/a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Ryan 7 MOTM

Schelotto 6
      Dunk 6.5
      Duffy 6.5
      Bong 6.5

Knockaert 6.5
      Stephens 6
      Kayal 6.5
      Propper 6
      Izquierdo 6

Hemed 6

March 6.5
      Gross and Murray N/A

0 Not allowed!
      Ryan 6 - Looked descent and better kicking. Couple of good saves and not much chance with either goal.

Schelotto 4.5 - Mixed bag. Made me very nervous every time he had the ball. Some good runs forward in second half but some shocking touches. Ball broke to him once in second half, nobody within ten yards, and a trampoline literally could have controlled it better.

Duffy 6 - Standard Duffy, won most things in the air but a couple of start passes in dangerous positions.

Dunk 6 - Ok but not his best game. Again a few stray passes but good in the air and kept Kane quiet.

Bong 5.5 - Didn't do much wrong but didn't get forward often and got beaten a couple of times.

Knockaert 6.5 - I thought he looked lively at times and our only attacking threat until March came on. Made the Spurs fans around me nervous and some decent runs. Not much end product.

Propper 6 - Looked tired but fought hard. We lost the midfield battle by a mile.

Kayal 4.5 - Know he's been out for ages but pretty much anonymous.

Stephens 4 - He was pony last night. So many simple passes misplaced.

Izquierdo 5 - nearly got free a couple of times in the first half but closely marked and couldn't beat his man.

Hemed 5 - No service and can't have touched the ball more than a handful of times. Good chance but hit it straight at keeper from 10 yards.

Subs

March 7 - Beat their right back 3 or 4 times with ease but came to nothing. Should have been on sooner.

Murray 5 - Ran about but little of note.

Gross 5 - Not sure if he touched the ball but harried their midfield

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Ryan 7 - another v good performance. Distribution improving - fewer poor kicks

Schelotto 6 - thought he was better, particularly 2nd half, than some on here think but very shaky start
      Dunk 6.5 - several blocks, kept Kane relatively quiet
      Duffy 6.5 - better from him than of late
      Bong 6.5 - alright

Knockaert 6.5 - couple of excellent runs but from too deep. Something not at all right with him though.
      Stephens 5 - way too careless with posession
      Kayal 6.5 - started well but faded (unsurprisingly)
      Propper 5 - like Stephens
      Izquierdo 6 - we need to give him the ball more

Hemed 6 - better striker would have scored. Worked hard but completely isolated

March 6.5 - at least he tried to take on his man a couple of times, looked lively
      Gross and Murray N/A
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      Ryan 6
      Schelotto 5
      Bong 6
      Dunk 6
      Duffy 7
      Knockaert 7
      Stephens 5
      Propper 5
      Kayal 7
      Izquierdo 5
      Hemed 4

March 6
      Murray n/a
      Gross n/a
      GIlly, Gilly, Gilly Gilly, Gilliver, Oh Gilly, Gilly, - repeat ad infinitum