Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I really don’t understand all of the negativity.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I feel so much better knowing that we might score a goal from open play before the end of the season, 3 this Saturday will be nice!!!!

Ah, you're settling for a draw, then. You know that Barnes, Wood & Vokes are going to score. :lol:

Even if we got relegated this season, we've got a good owner & manager to get us back up again. Just look at Burnley.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ah, you're settling for a draw, then. You know that Barnes, Wood & Vokes are going to score. [emoji38]

Even if we got relegated this season, we've got a good owner & manager to get us back up again. Just look at Burnley.
Don't fancy trying to get back up next year after losing Stephens, Dunk, Groß, Pröpper, March, Bruno and Ryan as a minimum.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we got offers for them. Burnley didn't lose their players.
A lot would go.

Stephens, Dunk and March would be off like a shot.

Such a shame that the team would break up if we went down, and not an easy season back in the Championship.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Suprised that there is anybody on here who didn’t expect a run like this. We have had one truly shite performance all season, what did you really expect against United, Palace ( a Derby where neither side wanted to lose so played like the ball was a hot potato), Liverpool and Spurs? I wanted more but I certainly didn’t expect it and am still enjoying the season. The players have definitely lost confidence and the ability to play the ball around apart from deep in our own half. The hoofing from defence is becoming a concern but hopefully we can grind something from the next two games and get some confidence back.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Having a bad run without question but need to keep this in perspective - When the transfer window ended I think everyone would have taken 13th in Dec 3 points above the relegation zone. Given our squad and lack of firepower we have done amazingly so far. We were odds on favourites for relegation at the end of August yet, despite being on poor form, we have as much chance of staying up as at least 5-6 other clubs if not more.
We clearly need more attacking options and hopefully they will arrive early in the window. If we can scrape a result or 2 before then all the better.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
A lot would go.

Stephens, Dunk and March would be off like a shot.

Such a shame that the team would break up if we went down, and not an easy season back in the Championship.

All 3 are under long contracts. They would not be 'off like a shot' they would be sold for several million. And I can't see March or Stephens going anyway; neither have done much yet.

All 3 are under long contracts. They would not be 'off like a shot' they would be sold for several million. And I can't see March or Stephens going anyway; neither have done much yet.

agree to be honest the only player we're likely to lose is dunk and we could lose him next month if a big boy offers silly money, but saying that recently even dunk has struggled slightly against the best!!

I think we have to accept that we are not a good team at this level we've been found out now and teams know that our reasonable players can be "looked after"and we won't cause them any problems, rest of team aren't premier league standard and it's a slow process in January of bringing in 2 or 3 letting a couple go and hoping it's enough to keep us up then prepare for next season. If we stay up great if we don't then we'll have the best opportunity to mount a promotion challenge again

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
agree to be honest the only player we're likely to lose is dunk and we could lose him next month if a big boy offers silly money, but saying that recently even dunk has struggled slightly against the best!!

Yep - supposedly the best part of our team, the centre backs, have conceded 9 goals in the last 3 games.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here