Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jack Wilshere

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Warren suggesting we ought to go for Jack Wilshere in the January transfer window did it for Bournemouth last year is he right is he the player we are missing?

scooter1

How soon is now?
If fit, wheelchair would walk into our midfield. Good player with an eye for a good pass, but prone to injury and 'a bit of a lad'.
However, we need to freshen up our centre midfield. Stephens now seems to be doing more harm than good with his distribution, we're weak and slow through the middle(front to midfield)
We were OK tonight, but got undone by a fluke, and a lapse of concentration at a set piece.
We go again at the weekend

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Maybe but started for arsenal tonight. Great player if fit and playing.
Could be a busy January can see us trying to get in another 3/4 players in

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe but started for arsenal tonight. Great player if fit and playing.
Could be a busy January can see us trying to get in another 3/4 players in
That seems rather unlikely.

3/4 players have to go, after Murphy and Skalak that decision gets tougher.
Only 1 or 2 (depending on Brown) can be loaned in.
There most definitely won't be a 'cheap' option among any of those coming in.

Not to mention the fact, despite what you read on here, I don't think we're shitehouse.
It's just a phase, one that most teams go through (christ palaces lasted for a full calendar year).

I'd rather see one good buy, naturally the striker that should have come in the Summer, instead of a taxi full that CH will be reluctant to throw straight into the team anyway.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
He's on silly wages, and in the last year of his contract so doubtful that Arsenal would loan him out. I'd take him in a heartbeat though

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hughton has been loyal to his players from the Championship, for which he must be applauded, he gave them their big chance/break. But January is vital and CH will know what is worth keeping and what has to go. We may have to go a little over inflated in the transfer market to bring in players to keep us up. Just my thought anyway.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I don’t have a view on who, but I do really hope we can have business down to announce on day 1 of the window. I know it will not happen, but really hope it does

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Can’t stay fit. Clearly good enough - but will only be available for 2 of the last 5 months of the season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sicknote with questionable mental attitude. No thanks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here