Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Multicultural Hove

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
On one of my infrequent visits back to Hove this morning I popped into Waitrose for some craft beer and a bag of organic rye flour. As i had yet to breakfast i stopped at the cafe for a decaff and muesli whereupon i was delighted to hear a mutlitude of languages. A large table of arabic speakers were just behind me and across from them a table of jolly spaniards chattered away excitedly. Behind me in the queue had been a couple of workmen speaking what sounded like Latvian. Several women were wearing colourful headscarves and a couple near the window were wearing traditional Hangletonian trackie bottoms and hoodies. I thought to myself how lucky we are to have such a harmonious melting pot of peoples and cultures enriching our country.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
On one of my infrequent visits back to Hove this morning I popped into Waitrose for some craft beer and a bag of organic rye flour. As i had yet to breakfast i stopped at the cafe for a decaff and muesli whereupon i was delighted to hear a mutlitude of languages. A large table of arabic speakers were just behind me and across from them a table of jolly spaniards chattered away excitedly. Behind me in the queue had been a couple of workmen speaking what sounded like Latvian. Several women were wearing colourful headscarves and a couple near the window were wearing traditional Hangletonian trackie bottoms and hoodies. I thought to myself how lucky we are to have such a harmonious melting pot of peoples and cultures enriching our country.

decaf?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

sounds more like Noahs Ark

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Pfft middle class tossers

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

What he really meant was he was in the Cliftonville having Enrests Sausage !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Hopefully they were hipsters being ironic?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hopefully they were hipsters being ironic?

Maybe, or they could be opportunists going in to pro actively apply for a job as a cleaner or barista, a dream career currently denied to them by the Latvians, but, post Brexit, a clear path to a better life on minimum wage.

And good luck to them I say. With British applications for such posts bound to be heavily over subscribed it's good to see a bit of initiative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

and you live where?

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
I lived in a 12 person house share in Hove, changed housemates numerous times.

Over the time we had

7 Spanish
2 Romanians
2 Moroccans
1 Israel
2 Hungarians
1 Brazilian
2 English

Definitely multicultural!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
like the new Brazilian food store in Hove.
The Portuguese black pudding is excellent and they sell chicken hearts, lovely stuff.
Going to try their steak over the festive period.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe, or they could be opportunists going in to pro actively apply for a job as a cleaner or barista, a dream career currently denied to them by the Latvians, but, post Brexit, a clear path to a better life on minimum wage.

And good luck to them I say. With British applications for such posts bound to be heavily over subscribed it's good to see a bit of initiative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I might prefer buying my expensive coffee from an overqualified Bulgarian :(

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Never mind Hove.
Go to Bicester designer outlet centre.
If you've got false tits, fake tan, teeth that are whiter than the proverbial virgin, a chav or even of the oriental persuasion, you cannot get more multicultural than that.
It'll blow your mind. :cool:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I lived in a 12 person house share in Hove, changed housemates numerous times.

Over the time we had

7 Spanish
2 Romanians
2 Moroccans
1 Israel
2 Hungarians
1 Brazilian
2 English

Definitely multicultural!

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Was it where Barber put up potential new signings before their interview in Lancing? :moo:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Your being ironic i get it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here