Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Multicultural Hove

4 Not allowed!
    On one of my infrequent visits back to Hove this morning I popped into Waitrose for some craft beer and a bag of organic rye flour. As i had yet to breakfast i stopped at the cafe for a decaff and muesli whereupon i was delighted to hear a mutlitude of languages. A large table of arabic speakers were just behind me and across from them a table of jolly spaniards chattered away excitedly. Behind me in the queue had been a couple of workmen speaking what sounded like Latvian. Several women were wearing colourful headscarves and a couple near the window were wearing traditional Hangletonian trackie bottoms and hoodies. I thought to myself how lucky we are to have such a harmonious melting pot of peoples and cultures enriching our country.
    The sweet essence of giraffe

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Organic rye flour?

Muesli??
      Work and family mean I have to watch on the radio

0 Not allowed!
      Sounds idyllic.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Voroshilov View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      On one of my infrequent visits back to Hove this morning I popped into Waitrose for some craft beer and a bag of organic rye flour. As i had yet to breakfast i stopped at the cafe for a decaff and muesli whereupon i was delighted to hear a mutlitude of languages. A large table of arabic speakers were just behind me and across from them a table of jolly spaniards chattered away excitedly. Behind me in the queue had been a couple of workmen speaking what sounded like Latvian. Several women were wearing colourful headscarves and a couple near the window were wearing traditional Hangletonian trackie bottoms and hoodies. I thought to myself how lucky we are to have such a harmonious melting pot of peoples and cultures enriching our country.
      decaf?
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      sounds more like Noahs Ark

0 Not allowed!
      Pfft middle class tossers

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      [email protected] is one of the biggest idiots on this board.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      sounds more like Noahs Ark
      Tower of Babel more like
      a man with a sound track record as a source of quality Albion info! ditchy's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      What he really meant was he was in the Cliftonville having Enrests Sausage !
      I just love the East Upper !!

0 Not allowed!
      Hopefully they were hipsters being ironic?
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      Hopefully they were hipsters being ironic?
      Maybe, or they could be opportunists going in to pro actively apply for a job as a cleaner or barista, a dream career currently denied to them by the Latvians, but, post Brexit, a clear path to a better life on minimum wage.

And good luck to them I say. With British applications for such posts bound to be heavily over subscribed it's good to see a bit of initiative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.