Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Peter Kay CANCELS UK Tour

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Used to be very funny. But if his appearance on the JR show is anything to go by, he has long since lost it. He acted like he was drunk. Very odd as he's a tee-totaller. But I like him and hope all will be okay.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Used to be very funny. But if his appearance on the JR show is anything to go by, he has long since lost it. He acted like he was drunk. Very odd as he's a tee-totaller. But I like him and hope all will be okay.

I used to hate his comedy, but recently I've discovered he's very very funny.

Car Share was a beautiful subtle comedy that shows he's got breadth.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I used to hate his comedy, but recently I've discovered he's very very funny.

Car Share was a beautiful subtle comedy that shows he's got breadth.

I thought he showed great breadth in That Peter Kay Thing and Phoenix Nights. Car share was okay.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sorry to hear of this, I for one, have warmed to him over the years.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Phoenix Nights is epic comedy. he's been around a long time now and probably good to a few years break to refresh.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"Dya remember Caramacs?"
"Dya remember caravan holidays?"
"Dya remember It's A Knockout?"
"Dya remember Tunnocks Tea Cakes?"
etc

Disclaimer - I like Peter Kay, Phoenix Nights had moments of genius as did That Peter Kay Thing, but the above is also kinda true of his standup - it's basically conversations with your Nan.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I really don't like his stand-up, and I've heard many stand-up comedians with few good words to say about him, lots of accusations of joke stealing, he fell out with a lot of his Phoenix Night co-stars, many of them on the stand-up circuit are very vocal about their feelings.

However I loved Peter Kay Thing and Phoenix Nights, both superbly written, Kay is very good when he has writing partners (mainly Neil Fitzmaurice and Dave Spikey) who he can bounce ideas off and they can temper him. Max and Paddy is a prime example of what happens when he is left to his own devices. What I saw of Car Share was rather good and it goes back to Kay being part of a bigger team writing it.

Obviously I hope whatever the circumstances behind the cancellation are sorted quickly.

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
That's a shame. Got tickets for a show in Manchester which will get refunded for but booked and paid for hotel already on a non-refundable basis. Wonder if they will be kind to me under the circumstances and it is over 7 months out! Doubt it, though!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sorry to hear of this, I for one, have warmed to him over the years.

Gone opposite. Loved him now to be honest I think he’s a bit of a nob. Whenever he’s a guest on a chat show he’s just weird egomaniac but who isn’t in showbiz I guess?! :)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Do you remember Double Deckers? Do you? Do you remember? Do you remember Whispers? Do you? Do you remember? EH? EH? Do you remember? Do you remember Drifters? My granny used to give em me. EH?

Genius.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Can't bear the bloke myself. Put him in the same box as that Macintyre tosser as far as I'm concerned. I guess it's a personal thing but I never got it really.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I had tickets to see him at the O2. Shame but guess to give up on such a money maker must be something serious at home. Have always enjoyed his stand up but then I also quite like Michael McIntyre too.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
According to that article (if believed) some paid £2k on ticket resale sites ...what!!! :moo:

And therein lies the potential for something good to arise from an unfortunate situation. Just maybe the fall out from people struggling to get refunds might just kick start the government to address the scandal that is the ticketing resale market.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Do you remember Double Deckers? Do you? Do you remember? Do you remember Whispers? Do you? Do you remember? EH? EH? Do you remember? Do you remember Drifters? My granny used to give em me. EH?

Genius.

I assume this is a visual joke as the written word doesn't raise a smile.

My wife wasn't amused when he was on Strictly a few weeks back

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
And therein lies the potential for something good to arise from an unfortunate situation. Just maybe the fall out from people struggling to get refunds might just kick start the government to address the scandal that is the ticketing resale market.
Best way to get around it, don't bloody pay it. Trouble is, there's too many people, with too much money, who are too desperate that the market will always be there.

I look at the fact ticket touting gets ignored by the fuzz because they know the ****ers who have morals to do it would be doing something for more immoral/illegal if it were cracked down upon...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here