Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Chris Froome cleared over Vuelta drugs test - case dropped

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Bloody asthmatics.

I got mugged by one a few years ago. It was my fault because I should have heard him coming.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I really struggle with what is a performance enhancing drug and what isn't. As a kid I struggled with asthma and had steroid inhalers and salbutamol. I was pretty good at hockey but without my puffers I could not manage more than 10 mins let alone 70. How are those drugs anything but performance enhancers? What is the difference from a front row in the school rugby team not being strong enough so takes steroids which makes him stronger? Why are my steroids okay and his not?
Because the salbutamol that you needed wouldn't have been any help to those without asthma.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Then the Ben Johnson final, where all 8 runners have been popped should be right up your strasse.
What's popped? I've always been suspicious of Lewis, but I don't know if he failed tests?

I would rather they all be clean, but if the rules are you are allowed certain supplements, then everyone should be in the same boat.
Don't worry about Stat , he's very defensive over cycling and every other post implicates all other sports even though he has no evidence whatsoever to back it up.

The fact his preferred pastime is so riddled with druggies irks him greatly, sometimes it's like listening to a child try to point a finger of blame somewhere else to deflect the ridicule levelled against him.

A grass if you will.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's popped? I've always been suspicious of Lewis, but I don't know if he failed tests?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2003/apr/24/athletics.duncanmackay

Not that I've read this one but on the strength of Moore's books that I have read I'd imagine this is worth a go.

516Bi-j24QL._AA300_.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would rather they all be clean, but if the rules are you are allowed certain supplements, then everyone should be in the same boat.

It would be fun if you could take whatever you liked.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would be fun if you could take whatever you liked.
Not much fun when cycling did that.

Lance's team rode for 3 weeks on the front, not even looking out of breath.
While those wishing to properly challenge him took so much of everything most are 'damaged' now, the ones that are still alive.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
That's the trouble with cycling now, all the trust goes out of the window now.

'Now'!? The history of professional cycling is riddled with substance abuse, dating back before 1900. Few riders are untainted by it, just ask Eddy Merckx.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'Now'!? The history of professional cycling is riddled with substance abuse, dating back before 1900. Few riders are untainted by it, just ask Eddy Merckx.

If everyone has one book in them, I always wanted mine to be entitled 'Cheating My Way Round Le Tour'.

I set off on a adventure riding a full Tour route but only using all the documented methods of cheating.
Some are brilliant, some will just require buying a train ticket, many are illegal.
But sadly I feel Lance, EPO, blood transfusions etc have rather taken the 'fun' out of the fantasy.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Not much fun when cycling did that.

Lance's team rode for 3 weeks on the front, not even looking out of breath.
While those wishing to properly challenge him took so much of everything most are 'damaged' now, the ones that are still alive.

Overly dramatic most are still employed in cycling and still have their "honours" despite tearfully confessing unlike Armstrong yea he was an hard to like as a personality but no different to the others Contador and his faboulous MEAT diet Pantani died but then it was more than trying to compete with Armstrong that he had issues with much that I loved the fella.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

So true but they also used to raid bars for wine en-route too.. :D and all of them are remembered with fondness.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Overly dramatic most are still employed in cycling and still have their "honours" despite tearfully confessing unlike Armstrong yea he was an hard to like as a personality but no different to the others Contador and his faboulous MEAT diet Pantani died but then it was more than trying to compete with Armstrong that he had issues with much that I loved the fella.

Maybe so, I guess the list of infamous maybe sticks in the mind more.
Although plenty have had records expunged and I think cycling is getting progressively better about removing former cheats from the sport.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So true but they also used to raid bars for wine en-route too.. :D and all of them are remembered with fondness.

For my non existent book my bar raids would have to be a little more civilised :lol:

I'm certainly keen to ride up a mountain with a cork in my mouth, attached to the car in front by fishing line held by a soigneur hiding in the boot.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Maybe so, I guess the list of infamous maybe sticks in the mind more.
Although plenty have had records expunged and I think cycling is getting progressively better about removing former cheats from the sport.

Who else other than Armstrong has been expunged? Struggling to think. If it was getting better then why do Indurain, Riis, Roche, Contador still hold their titles (ok i know that Indurain didnt confess in tears but "big gear" was able to sit down and take on mountain climbers all of a sudden.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who else other than Armstrong has been expunged? Struggling to think. If it was getting better then why do Indurain, Riis, Roche, Contador still hold their titles (ok i know that Indurain didnt confess in tears but "big gear" was able to sit down and take on mountain climbers all of a sudden.

Contador and Pantani lost Grand Tours, Valverde had results voided.
Most Tours throughout Lance's career don't recognise many of the top 10 probably even 20.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Contador and Pantani lost Grand Tours, Valverde had results voided.
Most Tours throughout Lance's career don't recognise many of the top 10 probably even 20.

Contador still has grand tours that still stand so does Pantani Lances entire career was wiped pretty much Riis still holds his title despite saying he was doping same for Roche and "Big Mig" is an exceptional specimen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here