Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Font/typeface query

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
For the graphic designers amongst you

After an exhaustive (about twenty minutes) search of the World Wide Web, does anybody have an idea of the font used for the ‘Immediate’ records logo? Also used by The Jam on ‘All Mod Cons’.

Thank you.

32BFE006-2F72-4926-AEF9-334833BA601A.jpeg

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Thanks for the reply - Yeah I looked at that. I think I’m going to have the same amount of luck as poor ‘Phred’ did. It’s difficult to know what to type into Google as I think their definition of ‘mod’ is slightly different to ours. :)

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It doesn't look like a standard font to me, as the letters aren't consistent (look at the two 'M's and the two 'E's). Probably just a custom logo - although the designer might have used a commercial font as inspiration.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Looks bespoke to me. Think you'll have to draw what you want up yourself I'm afraid..

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I want the font to use in Phonto to create a poster. Here’s my first attempt. Done on an iPad with fat fingers - hence the lack of ‘spikiness’ on the original.

E24EEAB6-D876-4B37-AD54-F1B601F70A5C.jpeg

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
To get closer to feel of original do two variants of each letter and set one set as caps (even though it's an all caps font). Then you can easily switch between each variant trying to make each word look it's best.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Great advice - will do. I need an iPad Pro really so I can use a stylus pen with a fine point. I’m reminded of ‘Big Train’ - fat handed ****. ��

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Yeah - the app flattens the bottom of the letters which loses the feel of the original. So much simpler when we used pens and pencils! :)

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
For the graphic designers amongst you

After an exhaustive (about twenty minutes) search of the World Wide Web, does anybody have an idea of the font used for the ‘Immediate’ records logo? Also used by The Jam on ‘All Mod Cons’.

Thank you.

View attachment 91926

We play the guess the typeface game at our place for things like this, if we can't find it I usually
scan it and redraw it, if you get stuck pm me and I'm sure I can help you out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here