Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Parents: Father Christmas Etiquette for Primary age and below

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
1. Presents from Father Christmas should be in the same wrapping paper, but different from all your other wrapping paper.
2. Presents from Father Christmas should be stocking fillers, reasonably priced toys and games.
3. Expensive presents like games consoles, bikes etc. should come from M&D or other family members.

The reason for 2 and 3 is that on returning to school, little Jimmy who has been good all year who got socks, a bit of lego and a pack of Uno cards doesn't think WTF when naughty Nick got a PS4 and an iPhone from Santa.

If Nick's parents want to spoil him then fine, that's life it if one set of parents buys a load more presents, kids can get that – but saying they came from Santa, no, don't do it, kids don't get why Santa would bring one kid an Xbox and another a jigsaw. Santa should be relatively equal for all kids, don't spoil the magic. :thumbsup:

p.s. Don't question my authority either, I was Santa Claus at a Primary School Xmas Fair on Friday!:cool:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Shove the brats up the chimney on Christmas Eve, tell them they are going on a Santa hunt, then eat all the mince pies and drink all the brandy.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Santa gives presents that, during the year, I've said he can't have. Plus items that are small in value.

Anything of a decent value I will want to get credit for, so it will come from me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
There's ALWAYS that one kid at school who gets about 2 grand spent on them at Christmas. Their stocking is full of the latest XBox games and gadgets. Then from Mum and Dad they'll get the XBox to play the games on, along with a massive TV to hook it up to.

I had a mate like that in my class. He went on CRAP holidays though. It's funny how families have different priorities.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
If they are young enough to believe in Father Christmas then it all comes from Father Christmas.

Kids that age really dont give a shit and trust me when they get older they also dont give a shit

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Every kid should be given a Jeremy Corbyn annual and told he is much nicer person than that TORY Santa Claus

What are you on about? Isn't Santa just Corbyn in a (very thin) disguise? Why else would he go around in that red suit?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There's ALWAYS that one kid at school who gets about 2 grand spent on them at Christmas. .

Bit like the Tooth Fairy. Everyone is giving their kids a quid then one kid in the class gets a fiver and it ****s it up for everyone.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The 3 stages of man: You believe in Father Christmas. You don't believe in Father Christmas. You are Father Christmas.

Kids nursery asked to if I'd be Father Christmas for them and I asked if it was just because I'm fat and have a beard. Cheeky sods.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Santa gives presents that, during the year, I've said he can't have. Plus items that are small in value.

Anything of a decent value I will want to get credit for, so it will come from me.

'Santa got me an Xbox Dad and all you got me was this...'

Exactly, who wants to be outdone by an imaginary person!?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just bloody glad I have no kids, and Mrs P's daughter is 26 now. Reading in The Standard on the way home from work last week, there was a list of the top 10 MUST HAVE Christmas presents for kids. Only 1 on a list of 10 was under £100 :eek:

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
One year fairly early in my childhood my Mum and Dad were on their way out for a festive drink on Xmas eve. Mum was all dressed up and was wearing her best coat that she hadn't worn for ages. They were about to leave and she put her hand in her pocket and declared "Ooh I think I've found some money", and promptly pulled out the Xmas card I made for Santa the previous year!

Cover blown! :lolol:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
1. Presents from Father Christmas should be in the same wrapping paper, but different from all your other wrapping paper.
2. Presents from Father Christmas should be stocking fillers, reasonably priced toys and games.
3. Expensive presents like games consoles, bikes etc. should come from M&D or other family members.

The reason for 2 and 3 is that on returning to school, little Jimmy who has been good all year who got socks, a bit of lego and a pack of Uno cards doesn't think WTF when naughty Nick got a PS4 and an iPhone from Santa.

If Nick's parents want to spoil him then fine, that's life it if one set of parents buys a load more presents, kids can get that – but saying they came from Santa, no, don't do it, kids don't get why Santa would bring one kid an Xbox and another a jigsaw. Santa should be relatively equal for all kids, don't spoil the magic. :thumbsup:

p.s. Don't question my authority either, I was Santa Claus at a Primary School Xmas Fair on Friday!:cool:

All three are spot on

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here