Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we get stuffed at Spurs, will it be time to "do a Stoke"?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[tweet]939596747495694337[/tweet]

FURIOUS Potters fans greeted their players with a rendition of “you’re not fit to wear the shirt” after they stepped off the train at Stoke station.

Mark Hughes’ side arrived back in the Potteries on the back of a dismal 5-1 defeat at Tottenham.

Stoke players were given a rough ride after they stepped off the train in the Potteries

And frustration from fans boiled over in Stoke-on-Trent when they learned that the first-team were standing at the end of the platform.

Stoke players and staff were let off the train first, keeping other passengers behind before they eventually let the supporters out.

But it didn’t prevent them from belting out the song before more chants of “Mark Hughes out” echoed around the station.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Someone needs to tell them they support Stoke City. A 5-1 loss away to a team that has recently topped a Champions League group featuring Real Madrid and Borrusia Dortmund is disappointing but not disgraceful.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And Stoke beat us 5-1 at home........

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Stoke’s a shit hole.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Obviously not true supporters, though I do think it is right that players and staff know how the people who help towards their income feel.
This is not the right way to do it though.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Don't Stoke have a team bus to take them to and from games ?
Unusual having to use public transport, are things that bad financially there ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No but this place will go into a complete meltdown.

Not convinced it’s an if (we’ll get stuffed) either, we’ll do well to limit them to 3

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Don't Stoke have a team bus to take them to and from games ?

Once bumped into the Everton team getting off a train at Runcorn. Though Runcorn is closer to Everton than London is to Stoke.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Fans are fans whomever they support , Stoke have had many years in the top flight and would probably see a thumping like that as armageddon , we took a similar thumping last week and apart from the usual Palace trolls masquerading their inane bollox on NSC it went down as one of those things that was bound to happen sooner or later , as long as i see our players at least trying on the pitch i doubt i'd ever be singing that , though if Brown doesn't start putting a bit of effort in to it i may single him out for a Knees up song .

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
[tweet]939596747495694337[/tweet]

FURIOUS Potters fans greeted their players with a rendition of “you’re not fit to wear the shirt” after they stepped off the train at Stoke station.

Mark Hughes’ side arrived back in the Potteries on the back of a dismal 5-1 defeat at Tottenham.

Stoke players were given a rough ride after they stepped off the train in the Potteries

And frustration from fans boiled over in Stoke-on-Trent when they learned that the first-team were standing at the end of the platform.

Stoke players and staff were let off the train first, keeping other passengers behind before they eventually let the supporters out.

But it didn’t prevent them from belting out the song before more chants of “Mark Hughes out” echoed around the station.

twats

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Disgrace to the club the fans should be ashamed of themselves I hope I never witness Brighton fans behaving that way #Together is not just for the good times

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can't see that anyone would be too surprised if we get tonked by Spurs, so there probably wouldn't be that reaction.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Obviously not true supporters,.

They'd just done a 300 mile round trip to see their team lose 5-1. I think they'd probably disagree with you.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Don't Stoke have a team bus to take them to and from games ?,

Almost every single Premier League team on the West Coast Mailnline use Virgin Trains incl Utd, City, Liverpool, Chelsea to get to and from London games in booked out first class carriages. Coaches pick them up and drop off straight off train at Euston. A 2 hour journey by train with a waiter service and full catering or over 4 in a coach on the M6 hoping youre not a victim of weekend traffic. No brainer!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone else think this was going to about drafting in a Pulis style manager and replacing most of the squad with some 'big units'? Hoof!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here