Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Database issues

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
These keep happening periodically and I still don't know why.

Typically NSC becomes unavailable for 2-3 minutes at a time and then returns by itself.

To try and help me diagnose what the hell is going on, can you please post to this thread each time it happens, as soon as the site returns, as I want to see if there is any pattern in the times when it takes place, and I'm not always online to experience it myself.

Hopefully I can get this frustrating issue sorted sooner rather than later - sorry it's such a pain.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
On Tapatalk not allowing me to post. Saying database

This took several attempts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Just happened several times now every time I click on a thread. Refresh page and it comes back.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Happening at this very moment of time. First topic loads but each successive one shows 'Database error'. It has been happening since last Thursday.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks all - I had this one myself too!

Ta Bozza - running a site myself I know what a pain it is to have the additional hassle of things misbehaving, when often there's enough on the plate with normal day-to-day stuff...

Normally it's relatively straight forward - check the logs, figure out what is going on and fix it. This annoying issue is not writing anything to the logs at all, which is why I'm a bit stuck right now!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I seem to get an o2 page advert come up as if I had linked through, which I hadn’t. It’s not a pop up but repalces nsc. A bug or intentional Bozza?

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I don’t know your infrastructure but if your application is not logging error, does the OS event logs indicate problem? e.g. if hosted on Windows server, check Event Log.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I seem to get an o2 page advert come up as if I had linked through, which I hadn’t. It’s not a pop up but repalces nsc. A bug or intentional Bozza?

I was getting the O2 page the other day - assumed it thought I had clicked on the O2 advert (which I hadn't done)
The database error has happened a few times on Thursday and Friday but not, so far, today

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As others have said, it happened (again for me) around 9.35ish. I posted once at 9.31, which went through fine, and then at 9.37 and, on posting, I got the Database Error message. It transpired that the post did make it on the thread, but I was tripped out the board for a short while.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Just copped the D/B error Bozza at 10-52, I was on the Knocky thread page 5

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Just happened 10.53
Refreshed and it's back fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Just happened. Posted on a thread, then tried to open a different one, and data base error. Had to reload page then fine.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Happened for 5 mins just now

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here