Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Bookies suspend 2017 Darwin award betting after man cements his head into a microwave

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
:ffsparr:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-42271150#

_99115081_micro3.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not a Darwin Award candidate sadly. The criterion is removing yourself from the gene pool. Mind you, if he's microwaved himself then he could now be sterile and that's allowed in their rules.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
I think the guy who tied ballons to a deckchair and drifted across the main runway of LAX and survived was awarded one for supreme effort.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think the guy who tied ballons to a deckchair and drifted across the main runway of LAX and survived was awarded one for supreme effort.

Lawnchair Larry as he was christened after his derring do..... As I recall he filled and strapped about 30-40 meteorological baloons to his garden recliner and ascended to about 10,000 feet.... he had a plan to come down, he had a gun and was going to shoot the balloons one by one.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Go easy on him, he's from Wolverhampton. This kind of high-end technology has only just started to reach those parts. They can't seriously be expected to know how to operate this new-fangled machinery.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Surprised it didn't burn his face off. I thought concrete, plaster of paris, polyfilla etc generated a lot of heat though chemical reaction when setting

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Seeing Pollifilla takes hours to go off I think he must have great patience.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not a Darwin Award candidate sadly. The criterion is removing yourself from the gene pool. Mind you, if he's microwaved himself then he could now be sterile and that's allowed in their rules.

According to the West Midlands Brigade, he was in danger of suffocation.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Do microwaves work when full of concrete? Hang on.... I'll just check. Back in a mo.....

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Instances of this nature should be chargeable t the fricking idiots for the cost to the ambulance and fire service. Many of us have done stupid stuff but this is beyond stupid. Waste of tax payers money and like the fire service said could have prevented them from a more deserving call out. Twonks

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Probably become a reality TV star and get paid more than the people who freed him.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Did he ever get the microwave plugged in? Shocking! Blockhead shocking! My son at 5 years old could have figured out how stupid an idea this was. It's like he had pollifiller for brains.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here