Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion U18s v Newcastle United U18s: FA Youth Cup 3rd rd, Amex Stadium, tonight 6pm

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion U-18s enter the prestigious FA Youth Cup at the third round stage tonight when they host Newcastle United at the Amex with a 6pm kick-off. The teams do not usually meet in the U-18 Premier League as the competition is regionalised, but the Seagulls beat the Magpies 3-2 away from home in September in the group stages of the new U-18 Premier League Cup courtesy of a Danny Cashman hat-trick.

This tie will also bring memories of the classic sixth round fixture in the same competition in March 2006 when Albion lost 3-2 on penalties at St James' Park after a 0-0 draw. Tim Krul, Andy Carroll and Kazenga LuaLua all featured for Newcastle that evening.

There has been a change in the management of the U-18s: Ian Buckman is out and there are now joint head coaches with previous assistant Mark Beard joining new recruit Mikey Harris from Portsmouth.

Aaron Connolly returns to the starting line-up (he usually plays only for the U-23s now) and left-back Alex Cochrane captains the side:-

[TWEET]938815532232474625[/TWEET]

Surely this game will be televised by Albion on Seagulls TV, as in previous years? If not, I think my current subscription to the service will be my last, as they seem to have given up on televising the U-23 matches.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This tie will also bring memories of the classic sixth round fixture in the same competition in March 2006 when Albion lost 3-2 on penalties at St James' Park after a 0-0 draw. Tim Krul, Andy Carroll and Kazenga LuaLua all featured for Newcastle that evening.

I must admit...I'm struggling to remember that one.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If you have a Facebook or Gmail account, but not a Seagulls TV subscription,
(I tried signing in with my Gmail, and was accepted)
you MAY be able to listen live from this link :thumbsup:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Albion U-18s enter the prestigious FA Youth Cup at the third round stage tonight when they host Newcastle United at the Amex with a 6pm kick-off. The teams do not usually meet in the U-18 Premier League as the competition is regionalised, but the Seagulls beat the Magpies 3-2 away from home in September in the group stages of the new U-18 Premier League Cup courtesy of a Danny Cashman hat-trick.

There has been a change in the management of the U-18s: Ian Buckman is out and there are now joint head coaches with previous assistant Mark Beard joining new recruit Mikey Harris from Portsmouth.

Aaron Connolly returns to the starting line-up (he usually plays only for the U-23s now) and left-back Alex Cochrane captains the side:-

[TWEET]938815532232474625[/TWEET]

Surely this game will be televised by Albion on Seagulls TV, as in previous years? If not, I think my current subscription to the service will be my last, as they seem to have given up on televising the U-23 matches.

Where's Ian Buckman gone to?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Last season the club televised most of the U-23 home matches and showed the home FA Youth Cup matches. This season? The one U-23 match they have tried to show live was a complete debacle - Albion U-23s v Blackburn Rovers and more than 7 weeks after I posted it, [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] still hasn't had the decency to respond to my "Ask the Club" post on the matter - Albion U23s v Blackburn - Seagulls TV coverage

And now, no coverage this season of the FA Youth Cup match.

It is a pity that, when the club is getting so much right, they now seem to have washed their hands of any attempt to provide coverage of the academy sides, and seem so disinterested in providing public feedback on the matter. Given that I can watch all Premier League matches over here and no longer have a need for audio coverage, I suspect I will be able to find an alternative use for my $57 Seagulls TV subscription next summer. :down:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Final score: Albion U-18s 0 Newcastle United U-18s 5 (Five).

What a piss-poor result that is; the Magpies haven't won a league match all season and sit bottom of the U-18 Premier League North table. And Albion won 3-2 up there earlier in the season in U-18 Premier League Cup.

I got up this morning looking forward to being able to watch the U-18s for one of the few times this season: so, all-in-all, a thoroughly shit experience all round.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
They are just trying to rein in us mad optimists,but normal service will be resumed in time for Christmas!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here