Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] where did you go to buy a christmas tree as a kid?

kalinx

Jan 11, 2006
I have great memories of going to a place by Brighton station with parents to pick our christmas tree. I remember it conjuring up such excitement in the cold air. There seem to be loads of pop-up places around town selling them now. Where did NSC go when they were kids around Brighton to pick up their trees?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Always had a plastic tree for years, it was a six foot tree from Woolies.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I was just going to say Woolworths.

In those days, where else? Still strange they don't exist as Woolies any more but Wilko is pretty close.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We used to get ours either from the Jones ? family in Montague Place Worthing by the bike racks next to Woolworths, or Les Pearce Green grocer in Teville Rd.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I never bought a tree as a kid, I felt it was my parents job.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Used to go to Windmill Nursery in Goddard's Green for the few years my parents decided we'd get real trees. I do love a Christmas tree.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Donno! It just apeared. I can remember clipping metal candle holders to the branches, as decorations. I'am still here so thet were probably never lit.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm guessing portslade old village, but can't remember where (Couldn't have been boundary road as too far to drag a tree home )

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Harvest forestry. Pretty much right where the train sticking out the bingo hall in Kemp town is.
It was the last business left on that strip and eventually developers bought it up after a sustained arson campaign.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Lived on a farm in Ashington, my Dad used to cut a small fir tree from a neighbouring farm every year. I don't know if he had permission or it was, shall we say, donated unknowingly,but, they were always lovely trees.

I have a friend who owns a market garden in Petworh, so, I get one at cost every year now, much nicer than a fake tree.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Rocks Lane farm, a Christmas tree growing place between Buxted / High Hurtswood and Crowborough.

Used to go up there with my dad to choose a tree under strict instructions from mum that it should be no more than 4 foot tall but we always ended up coming home with a 7ft Norwegian spruce that we could barely get through the front door.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here