Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Police make decision to ban Ultras from cup game.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Funniest is part the Clapton "Ultras" aren't rough at all, never kick off etc. They do make a lot of noise and bang drums and all that but the Clapton owner hates them as they are trying to stop him messing up the club finances and sell the ground. Due to this animosity the owner told Met Police FC not to let them come as they'd cause trouble.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Funniest is part the Clapton "Ultras" aren't rough at all, never kick off etc. They do make a lot of noise and bang drums and all that but the Clapton owner hates them as they are trying to stop him messing up the club finances and sell the ground. Due to this animosity the owner told Met Police FC not to let them come as they'd cause trouble.

Interesting article on Clapton (from 2015) here:

'Forza Clapton! The non-league club taking a stance against racism and homophobia'

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ras-anti-fascist-essex-senior-league-football

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
How will they police it when they're all occupied on the pitch?

I've been to a Met Police home game before and to be honest, that is a pretty good crowd.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
How will they police it when they're all occupied on the pitch?

I've been to a Met Police home game before and to be honest, that is a pretty good crowd.

Ha! Most MPFC players aren't police any more are they? Thought only a couple were and rest were like any other nonleague team. Think they most struggle to get fans seeing as it isn't associated with a geographical area and a lot of people seem to have a dislike of Met Police in genral.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Ha! Most MPFC players aren't police any more are they? Thought only a couple were and rest were like any other nonleague team. Think they most struggle to get fans seeing as it isn't associated with a geographical area and a lot of people seem to have a dislike of Met Police in genral.

You're right, as evidenced when Will Packham went to play in goal for them.

From what I witnessed there, the fans tend to be police, associated with the police or family of the players.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Seems to be the typical police attitude to football. Absolutely no attempt even to look into the activities of other Ultras groups, no attempt to engage with fans. I think the Ultras groups in the UK are crap but even I can see that they aren't all the same. The police seem to operate with 2 over-riding rules when dealing with football:

• All football fans are potential hooligans
  • Football fans need to be policed with an iron fist or banned from attending altogether

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

That'd be Vince McBean then. I've heard about him from friends involved in non league football. None of it was complementary. As for that statement on the Met Website? Must be true. The Met would never concoct shonky evidence with no foundation in order to fit anyone up. Unthinkable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here