Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] All Those Away Trips!

el punal

We had a discussion on the train (in between beers!), on the way to Brighton for the Liverpool game, about how many away grounds we've been to to see the Albion play. Now, because of our club's circumstances both good and bad we've gone up, down and back up again through all the divisions over the last forty years.

I did a rough calculation that meant that the Albion had played at more than 125 grounds on their away travels since 1977. Within that figure are clubs who are now in the National League or lower, Wrexham or Stockport County for example. Clubs that have had to start all over again Hereford and Wimbledon. Clubs that have had multiple homes - e.g. Bristol Rovers. And then of course you have clubs that have moved from old grounds to new, the likes of Man.City from Maine Road to the Etihad, Arsenal from Highbury to the Emirates and Reading from Elm Park to the Madejski and so on.

There is a strong possibility that some devoted Albion fans have broken through the 'ton' barrier on this one and have visited more than 100 grounds to see our boys play. Are you one of them? What's your total?

P.S. Bad fan me! I've only managed 47. :(

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
When I last counted up (for league games only) I think it was 80 something. Would be quite a bit higher if cup and friendlies were included.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We had a discussion on the train (in between beers!), on the way to Brighton for the Liverpool game, about how many away grounds we've been to to see the Albion play. Now, because of our club's circumstances both good and bad we've gone up, down and back up again through all the divisions over the last forty years.

I did a rough calculation that meant that the Albion had played at more than 125 grounds on their away travels since 1977. Within that figure are clubs who are now in the National League or lower, Wrexham or Stockport County for example. Clubs that have had to start all over again Hereford and Wimbledon. Clubs that have had multiple homes - e.g. Bristol Rovers. And then of course you have clubs that have moved from old grounds to new, the likes of Man.City from Maine Road to the Etihad, Arsenal from Highbury to the Emirates and Reading from Elm Park to the Madejski and so on.

There is a strong possibility that some devoted Albion fans have broken through the 'ton' barrier on this one and have visited more than 100 grounds to see our boys play. Are you one of them? What's your total?

Put the list of grounds up.

I'll see how many I've done then, I'm guessing about 70

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

So I have a running argument with my cousin on this: Should Spurs at Wembley be considered a new ground? Even though I've been to Wembley to see England

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Olympic stadium was 88th, Old Trafford was my 89th and Stamford Bridge will be 90th - have been to all three before but I am counting Albion games only.....I am double counting clubs that have moved stadiums - eg have been to St Marys and the old Dell / Highfield Rd and the Ricoh etc.......i think it is an impossible task to do the 92 now with your team only unless you have a freak set of cup games against lower league, newly promoted team from the conference.....

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Is there still a Rushden and Diamonds team? Nice little modern ground- assume someone must be using it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here