Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre match pub recommendation near the station

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I normally drive to games but I have arranged for my sons under 10 team to go to the Burnley game. I was thinking it would be good to meet in a child friendly pub near the station before the game but there are 40 of us and 20 under 16’s. Can anyone recommend a venue that would welcome us?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
McDonalds upstairs bit is quite good

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The Railway Bell. They'll love you.

Seriously, not many pubs around the Station will thank you for taking 20 kids in there - neither will the regulars.

Or, you could try the Open House at London Road Station, but getting 40 of you on a train there would be a 'mare. You have to get on earlier trains and space yourselves along the platform.

Why not go to The Swan at Falmer?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Reckon the Swan at Falmer will be best for you as you can be outside with the kids. Don't think there are many places that can fit you in on a matchday.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
20 kids ?? Christ. I wouldn't want to be stuck behind YOU at the bar :lolol:

"9 cokes, 6 Fruitshoots, 2 orange J2O's, 2 mineral waters and a cappucino for the weird one by the window"

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The Railway Bell. They'll love you.

Seriously, not many pubs around the Station will thank you for taking 20 kids in there - neither will the regulars.

Or, you could try the Open House at London Road Station, but getting 40 of you on a train there would be a 'mare. You have to get on earlier trains and space yourselves along the platform.

Why not go to The Swan at Falmer?

Yep, would be tough getting on a train. Was just hoping to meet somewhere and travel together and all the parents like a pint. Still, we’re in the SWC and they had an awesome Harvey’s bar the last time I went in there

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I normally drive to games but I have arranged for my sons under 10 team to go to the Burnley game. I was thinking it would be good to meet in a child friendly pub near the station before the game but there are 40 of us and 20 under 16’s. Can anyone recommend a venue that would welcome us?

Leave the kids outside with a lemonade and a packet of crisps? Or use The Swan at Falmer instead?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Yep, would be tough getting on a train. Was just hoping to meet somewhere and travel together and all the parents like a pint. Still, we’re in the SWC and they had an awesome Harvey’s bar the last time I went in there

Why not all go to the ground early - the kids if its their first time will love going to look around before its busy and you can all and have a pint

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Why not all go to the ground early - the kids if its their first time will love going to look around before its busy and you can all and have a pint

Would be good but at least five are season ticket holders, others go regularly and one is Albion academy- he’s probably played there!

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Would be good but at least five are season ticket holders, others go regularly and one is Albion academy- he’s probably played there!

If you get there early enough will there still be more room for you to all catch up than in a pub and struggling for the train?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe your best bet would be to see if one of the pubs with rooms other than a main bar area will let you use it for an hour, or whatever.

The Prince Albert and Grand Central both have upstairs rooms and the Caxton has a basement room. Get in touch well in advance and ask.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
What about going to Lewes ?

Royal Oak up the road from the station doesn’t get too busy, also no queuing at station to get train to Falmer

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
3b287fd4a319b52855746eb11bbffe01.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What about going to Lewes ?

Royal Oak up the road from the station doesn’t get too busy, also no queuing at station to get train to Falmer

This. I've taken the girls team I manage to three games and we've always gone to via Lewes but then we are travelling from Burgess Hill (Wivelsfield St before anyone asks). Far easier to get a train from Lewes to Falmer and keep the group together. Not entirely sure why you would go to a pub in brighton. Would have thought it would be best to get to the ground and let the kids soak up the atmosphere. Maybe there will be a band on and possible other things outside. If you're in the shelf, they can get food there but if you're worried about a pint you can walk down to one of the other concourses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here