Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Not really racist then sir

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We have always favoured Welsh people because arguably the passion is there," said FAW chief executive Jonathan Ford.

"Somebody said this earlier, Welsh most definitely, foreign possibly, but definitely not English."

So no matter what his/her credentials or ability, they would not employ an Englishman.

I thought according to employment laws you were not allowed to specifically rule out anyone due to race/colour/creed or ethnicity?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
An Englishman is not deemed a credible candidate as it would need to be someone who will be accepted by the fanbase.

They would be ruled out on their suitability for the role.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If the best Englishman we can find to manage England is Gareth bloody Southgate then they are doing themselves a favour anyway.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
An Englishman is not deemed a credible candidate as it would need to be someone who will be accepted by the fanbase.

so basically anyone but an Englishman?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Shame the passion that got them to a Euros semi-final didn't get them to a World Cup... They're obsessed with 'passion' aren't they? Is that due to lack of ability?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

So if I have an old people's care home, I can just refuse work to black people because the residents wouldn't accept them?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I assume this is to in relation to the Welsh football team?

In which case, it's simply 'whoever can keep Gareth Bale fit'?

They could go for Ivor the ****ing Engine (or more likely Jones the Steam) and as long as Bale stays fit they stand a chance.

On the 'No English' part - if they roles were reversed there would be a massive outcry, probably involving lots of Phlegm

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I wasn't aware that we had a rivalry with the Welsh. Scotland - yes, France - certainly, Germany - I'm all over that...but Wales? They voted Brexit same as us, their best teams play in our league, at the 2016 Euro finals the Welsh and English fans had a massive love-in.

There's nothing sadder than unrequited hate. Just ask Bournemouth.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Hang on a minute. That team that had some success at the Euro finals was littered with Englishmen. So it's alright for Englishmen to represent Wales but it's not okay for them to be managed by one?

He hasn't thought it through.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Shame the passion that got them to a Euros semi-final didn't get them to a World Cup... They're obsessed with 'passion' aren't they? Is that due to lack of ability?

'Passion' carried the obliviously ignorant English for several tournaments before people eventually woke up and realised that, beyond the *cough* passion, we were, in fact, (and still are) utterly shite.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There seems no issue of "race/colour/creed or ethnicity" here, just nationality. So not racist, no.

And before anyone suggests that the Welsh are Celts and the English Anglo-Saxon, have a read of this. If you want to go into that sort of detail, you might have to divide Wales into north and south ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-31905764

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here