Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Chelsea scammers

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Desperate to get tickets to the Chelsea game, I turned to Twitter. I have successfully acquired cheap football tickets from Twitter users in the past and sure enough there are plenty of accounts purporting to sell tickets for the boxing day game at face value. I didn't mind being in the home end, if it came to that.

I saw that a user (@Chelseaolic) was selling four. We entered into conversation - which got disarmingly chummy - and agreed a price. He asked that money be transferred into a Skrill account then transferred to his email (KelvinJenkins71@gmail.com). I obliged.

Soon after, his Twitter account disappeared (https://twitter.com/chelseaolic) and he has not replied to any emails. Needless to say, the tickets haven't turned up. I spoke to Skrill, but they don't want anything to do with it (subsequent reviews of the website suggested as much - https://www.trustpilot.com/review/skrill.com). I spoke to my bank, who were happy to take the details I had, but unsurprisingly - and I don't blame them - they wouldn't refund me for the loss.

This is not an invitation for facepalm emojis, but a warning to anyone (and addressed only to those who want to hear it) thinking of buying tickets through Twitter, using Skrill, or having anything to do with the charlatan Kelvin Jenkins (presumably born in 1971).

TiD

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I'm not sure that much of what you have written is going to be well received here, in particular giving out email addresses...

The same information was given to the fraud dept of the bank, who said they would pass it on to the police. And is it libellous if there is a record of the facts? I'm trying to warn others off, not seek vigilante justice.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
It's noble of you to risk ridicule to warn others, so well done for that.
Still worth a few facepalms though
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :ffsparr: :wrong: :facepalm:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Desperate to get tickets to the Chelsea game, I turned to Twitter. I have successfully acquired cheap football tickets from Twitter users in the past and sure enough there are plenty of accounts purporting to sell tickets for the boxing day game at face value. I didn't mind being in the home end, if it came to that.

I saw that a user (@Chelseaolic) was selling four. We entered into conversation - which got disarmingly chummy - and agreed a price. He asked that money be transferred into a Skrill account then transferred to his email (KelvinJenkins71@gmail.com). I obliged.

Soon after, his Twitter account disappeared (https://twitter.com/chelseaolic) and he has not replied to any emails. Needless to say, the tickets haven't turned up. I spoke to Skrill, but they don't want anything to do with it (subsequent reviews of the website suggested as much - https://www.trustpilot.com/review/skrill.com). I spoke to my bank, who were happy to take the details I had, but unsurprisingly - and I don't blame them - they wouldn't refund me for the loss.

This is not an invitation for facepalm emojis, but a warning to anyone (and addressed only to those who want to hear it) thinking of buying tickets through Twitter, using Skrill, or having anything to do with the charlatan Kelvin Jenkins (presumably born in 1971).

TiD

This pratt has been on here!
http://forum.talkchelsea.net/search/?type=all&q=Chelseaolic

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I'm not sure that much of what you have written is going to be well received here, in particular giving out email addresses...

Being that TID joined this group in 2003 ,i would say that he would probably have more of an idea than yourself of what may , (or may not ), be "well received " .
and also that he is to be applauded for bringing his misfortune to others attention , so that they do not replicate this, same error

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm amazed people still FOOL for these sort of things i really do. I can understand the elderly not keeping up with things. but....

Social media,dodgy emails, bogus phone calls. When will you learn ?

ChazzyBHA

Dec 27, 2011
I’ve been looking into his account. He managed to grab national headlines by leaking a fake Chelsea top with Mahrez on the back.
He also has scammed quite a few people by the looks of things...
539C5106-E1CB-458A-9216-D9880202F46E.png
BD98E4EB-063C-4564-B068-9D8D8C298A5D.png

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Being that TID joined this group in 2003 ,i would say that he would probably have more of an idea than yourself of what may , (or may not ), be "well received " .
and also that he is to be applauded for bringing his misfortune to others attention , so that they do not replicate this, same error

Oh, as I am a JCL in your eyes I am not allowed to have an opinion?

What's to stop anyone with an axe to grind from putting up anyone's email address and a sob story!

Ok, so it appears the scammer has history, but still think it is dodgy ground to go down, and might even have legal ramifications...

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I am surprised that despite all the warnings and regulat news stories on this type of fraud that people are still falling for this scam.

Have sufficient loyalty points to get tickets via the Albion or buy at your own risk.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
My first thoughts. Twitter is anonymous so the person you're talking to could be anywhere in the world and be anybody at all. Email is the same. I've just googled Skrill

After 1,103 reviews it's got 1 star on Trust Pilot with people complaining about them enabling fraud.
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/skrill.com

If someone put a letter through your door asking you to post some cash to a PO Box with the promise that they'll definitely send you the thing you're paying for... would you? No of course not.

The sooner people stop falling for this shit, the sooner the scams will stop.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I have an email from a long lost cousin in nigeria asking me to send $100 So they can release an inheritance of $1m to me. I'm not sure what to do. Could it be a scam?

Sorry to OP. There are some honest people out there. I will trust some people who have history on groups such as here or facebook, but not twitter.

You win some & you lose some. Hopefully karma gets them (& you)

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I have an email from a long lost cousin in nigeria asking me to send $100 So they can release an inheritance of $1m to me. I'm not sure what to do. Could it be a scam?

Sorry to OP. There are some honest people out there. I will trust some people who have history on groups such as here or facebook, but not twitter.

You win some & you lose some. Hopefully karma gets them (& you)

You should definitely send that $100 and ask for some Chelsea tickets while you are at it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ok, so it appears the scammer has history, but still think it is dodgy ground to go down, and might even have legal ramifications...

Why ?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I got scammed on Gumtree renting an apartment in Brighton for a week whilst visiting the UK. He sent me pictures I spoke to him on the phone....

He requested as it was the holiday season to be paid to secure it, seemed a nice enough guy and I was desperate to get somewhere to stay. So I sent a deposit cant remember how much. Few days later his phone was disconnected. A bit of investigation and found out where he lived, nowhere near Brighton and indeed he got a bit Jamied with pictures of his house etc the information I got was staggering though I couldn't use it all to go to the police with for data protection reasons. However I did report it just not with all the info I had.

Did another due diligency check on the fella maybe a year later as I thought he might need a bit more Jamie treatment. However he was in a prison not too far from his home for scamming about 200 of us

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Why, because anyone could post anybodies email address online and accuse them of all sorts of shenanigans without proof. That may not be the case here, but still seems a dangerous route to go down!

An email address isn't a form of ID its just a random collection of letters @something, neither does it mean someone with that name is necessarily using that email address. The fact remains that TID was scammed by someone using that email address, he hasn't identified an actual person just an email address. If someone in person scammed you and you posted online that the bloke called himself Joe Bloggs and provided a description of him would that also be wrong to report his name and description or is it just a reporting of the facts? I don't see any legal issues here whatsoever.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here