Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Parking Fine

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Just resurrecting this thread as I've just got a PCN for 'staying over 9 hours' in a car park round the corner of my house that we drive through to get in and out of our little area which we'd done twice on that particular day. [MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION] should we appeal via the companies appeals process (https://www.ce-service.co.uk/) or go straight to POPLA? Thank you!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Just resurrecting this thread as I've just got a PCN for 'staying over 9 hours' in a car park round the corner of my house that we drive through to get in and out of our little area which we'd done twice on that particular day. [MENTION=18265]LadySeagull[/MENTION] should we appeal via the companies appeals process (https://www.ce-service.co.uk/) or go straight to POPLA? Thank you!
Weird. So you have somewhere you can legitimately park in but you have to go in via a car park that records you going in and out.
How does that work?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Weird. So you have somewhere you can legitimately park in but you have to go in via a car park that records you going in and out.
How does that work?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Aha, I obviously didn't explain that very well! One of the ways in and out of the carpark is our road, and another of the entrances is on the main road. Sometimes (if the main road is busy) it is quicker and eaiser to cut through the carpark to get home, or to get out onto the main road. Its also the car park for our local supermarket so we might pop in on the way home. We've never parked there for more than 30 minutes but obviously their Licence Plate Camera wasn't working very well that day!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

You can't go straight to POPLA - you have to appeal to the con artists first. When they reject your appeal they give you a POPLA code to use. This assumes they belong to the BPA.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Thanks everyone! Appeal submitted and hopefully that'll soon be that :)

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Thanks everyone! Appeal submitted and hopefully that'll soon be that :)

It will be, as this is CEL and they often fold on the first appeal if the driver is never implied. Appeal from the keeper every time (except if the parking firm isn't in the BPA or IPC in which case they can't get your DVLA data and you ignore them).

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
My parents have been done by ParkingEye at the Stanford Medical Centre on Preston Road, my mum had an appointment and was there for 20 odd minutes but forgot to put their reg plate on the system so have been done.

My parents appealed to the the initial notice by stating that my dad, who has memory issues due to an accident many years ago, forgot to put the reg number in and they both thought the other had done it, ParkingEye then sent a quite threatening letter accusing my parents of disputing who was driving and saying they have a number of days to respond.

I got my parents to get confirmation from the Docs confirming they had an appointment but would like some advice on how to proceed.

I think that's the site with a Practice Manager called Cheryl - complain formally to her. She knows about this scam but wasn't very helpful at all in cases I've helped at that location - she needs to hear more complaints and wise up (if it's not her any more, complain to the Practice Manager anyway).

This is disability discrimination due to the features of your Dad's long-term condition actually causing the number-plate thing to be forgotten. A system that not fit for purpose for many patients breaches the Equality Act 2010 when it gives rise to a demand for money and harassment of a person protected under the Act. The 'service providers' (PE) and their clients (the landowner, who I think is a private land management firm, not the Medical Centre) are liable for that conduct, and it's illegal.

Your parents should NOT say who was driving! Glad that they didn't, by the sound of it. Just say 'we were attending...' (not 'I').

If Parking Eye reject the appeal/proof of patient attendance, send me a message and I can write a POPLA appeal.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I think that's the site with a Practice Manager called Cheryl - complain formally to her. She knows about this scam but wasn't very helpful at all in cases I've helped at that location - she needs to hear more complaints and wise up (if it's not her any more, complain to the Practice Manager anyway).

This is disability discrimination due to the features of your Dad's long-term condition actually causing the number-plate thing to be forgotten. A system that not fit for purpose for many patients breaches the Equality Act 2010 when it gives rise to a demand for money and harassment of a person protected under the Act. The 'service providers' (PE) and their clients (the landowner, who I think is a private land management firm, not the Medical Centre) are liable for that conduct, and it's illegal.

Your parents should NOT say who was driving! Glad that they didn't, by the sound of it. Just say 'we were attending...' (not 'I').

If Parking Eye reject the appeal/proof of patient attendance, send me a message and I can write a POPLA appeal.

Thanks for the reply. They contacted the practice and they were provided with a pre-printed form for appealing the PCN so it must happen quite a bit. They sent this off and the charge notice was cancelled "as a gesture of goodwill".

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
That's a bit harsh, even in this day and age they are millions of people who are not as savvy as you obviously are. I would guess 99% of people over 60 wouldn't have a clue if a parking fine is legit or not and wouldn't immediately jump on google (even if they could) to see how they could get out of it.

I very much agree Gazwag!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Like many posters here who manage to use t'internet and forums, I am not in the first flush of youth myself; so perhaps you do over 60s a disservice.

The numpties are those of whatever age, who either pay, or send some random rushed appeal telling the scammer parking firm all about how they parked/what happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here