Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Parking Fine

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sorry its the same old chestnut, but my 20 year old daughter got a £40 parking fine through the post today.
She was in Lidl, Eastbourne last Monday and her clutch went. She had to call the AA, and they turned up 90 minutes later and had to tow her to our mechanics garage.
I know there are a couple of experts on here regarding these Private parking enforcements.
I'm after your superior knowledge please.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Sorry its the same old chestnut, but my 20 year old daughter got a £40 parking fine through the post today.
She was in Lidl, Eastbourne last Monday and her clutch went. She had to call the AA, and they turned up 90 minutes later and had to tow her to our mechanics garage.
I know there are a couple of experts on here regarding these Private parking enforcements.

Speak to the manager, explain what happened, they will almost certainly cancel it for her.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
The AA vehicle should show up on the Lidl camera and your daughter should have a record/receipt for the callout with times so should be a straightforward case in theory but I am sure they will ignore any evidence you have, initially.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Speak to the manager, explain what happened, they will almost certainly cancel it for her.

Doesn't anyone ever think of that first?
First thing to do for sure.

Not totally relevant but I work in antifraud for an online payment provider.
It is staggering the number of people who spend money at a website and then google it to find out it's a scam ! DERRRRR

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

I had a similar problem at Asda marina :wink: I took the letter in store and spoke to the store manager and told him of my *cough* mechanical issue, he took my letter and contacted the parking company to cancel my ticket.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Thanks for the replies, she is intending to speak to the manager.
I was concearned that they might say its a private contractor, and nothing to do with the company or store. Looking at the replies, it would seem the company do have some bearing on the final decision.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I would think that is the last thing a 20 year old would think of as the major concern would have been getting her car going.

Really! I would have thought that might be the first port of call to see if someone could help. Still, lesson learned. Hope the fine gets rescinded though.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I would think that is the last thing a 20 year old would think of as the major concern would have been getting her car going.

Exactly BG. First time she has ever broken down, I was 40 miles away and she didnt know what to do.
I included her on my AA policy in case something like this, or a late night breakdown happened.
She carries her membership card with her and I told her to phone them, and the AA were superb.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
My son got a parking fine on a retail park. The pics show his car there for half hour with the bonnet up. He aint paid it and hasn't even acknowledged it. Told him this is the wrong thing to do. But after reading this he says he is going to contact the land owner of the retail park. Progress I suppose lol.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Really! I would have thought that might be the first port of call to see if someone could help. Still, lesson learned. Hope the fine gets rescinded though.

She didnt need a push, she had to have a new clutch fitted, hardly likely to get that sort of help at the checkout.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
My son got a parking fine on a retail park. The pics show his car there for half hour with the bonnet up. He aint paid it and hasn't even acknowledged it. Told him this is the wrong thing to do. But after reading this he says he is going to contact the land owner of the retail park. Progress I suppose lol.

Is this within the past 28 days? Or has he just received the Notice to Keeper (assume he's not a company car driver, because people who wrongly ignore a PCN when the car isn't theirs will get a nasty shock when the lease hire firm pay it then add an admin fee). Send me a pm, tell me which Private parking firm and I can advise on an appeal. Some are dead easy to see off, and ignoring is not good. I am currently helping two NSC posters and have helped several before, all cases won.

With the Lidl one the advice that works is NOT to complain to the Lidl manager, but instead to email the CEO, who will cancel it:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5738001

Most Supermarket Store Managers will cancel, but not Lidl, they will cancel if you bother their CEO though.

These are not 'fines', they are a scam industry and should NEVER be paid, unless a person loses a small claim hearing (almost all winnable, no risk, no CCJ, no effect on credit rating if the loser then paid. IF a Judge eventually sides with the scumbags - rare).

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Isn't it strange how where you live governs if supermarkets charge to park. I used to live in Bicester Oxfordshire Free parking in both Lidl and Aldi. I now live near Alnwick and both car parks again are free. In fact the Lidl car park is an overflow for the local hospital. Unofficial of course!!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Is this within the past 28 days? Or has he just received the Notice to Keeper (assume he's not a company car driver, because people who wrongly ignore a PCN when the car isn't theirs will get a nasty shock when the lease hire firm pay it then add an admin fee). Send me a pm, tell me which Private parking firm and I can advise on an appeal. Some are dead easy to see off, and ignoring is not good. I am currently helping two NSC posters and have helped several before, all cases won.

With the Lidl one the advice that works is NOT to complain to the Lidl manager, but instead to email the CEO, who will cancel it:

Most Supermarket Store Managers will cancel, but not Lidl, they will cancel if you bother their CEO though.

These are not 'fines', they are a scam industry and should NEVER be paid, unless a person loses a small claim hearing (almost all winnable, no risk, no CCJ, no effect on credit rating if the loser then paid. IF a Judge eventually sides with the scumbags - rare).

My daughter has just got in from work, and I was mistaken. It was Aldi not Lidl

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster

The offence was way back 1st September, at Gallagher retail park in Scunthorpe and the notice to keeper was issued by Vehicle control services ltd and Is being handled by debt recovery plus. No contact has been made from my son to the debt recovery company although they did offer a reduced settlement.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

I have had 2 tickets in Worthing in the last couple of years.

1 Lidl overstayed didn't realise they had reduced the two hours to one hour limit. Manager cancelled the ticket.
2 NCP by the theatre - Maplins have their own spaces for customers, with a one hour limit. I parked in their car park for 50 minutes and NCP fined me £100 for non-payment. The ticket was cancelled by the manager in Maplins.

Unlike private operators stores are not trying to rip off genuine customers, they just want to deter people from blocking spaces for other customers.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
The offence was way back 1st September, at Gallagher retail park in Scunthorpe and the notice to keeper was issued by Vehicle control services ltd and Is being handled by debt recovery plus. No contact has been made from my son to the debt recovery company although they did offer a reduced settlement.

OK, VCS would never have cancelled it anyway. Keep all the paperwork for 6 years, from PCN to all letters. Warn him about a probable claim & not to panic.

They are likely to get BW Legal (useless robo-claim legal firm) to try a useless robo-claim. Give me a shout if so, I write defences too. On forums well-coached defendants - scared ordinary people with no previous experience of court - win 99% of the time against this trash.

My daughter has just got in from work, and I was mistaken. It was Aldi not Lidl

Did she spend over £30 and can she prove the breakdown? Before trying POPLA (which I can write for you if you wish) email Aldi Head Office, major complaint, attaching ALL Aldi receipts and Bank Statement payments that you as a family can cobble together to paint a solid picture of regular Aldi shoppers.

If she hasn't kept the receipt but can recall some of what she bought/which till might have been used, Aldi can reprint the receipt, not that it helps for POPLA who don;t take receipts into account. Aldi Head office will do, if you shout loud enough:

https://customerservice.aldi.co.uk/contact

Always complain before POPLA, because plenty of people have tried the other way round and been told by Stores/Head Offices: 'we would have cancelled it before the poor scammer firm were put to POPLA expense'.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Unlike private operators stores are not trying to rip off genuine customers, they just want to deter people from blocking spaces for other customers.

Agreed, trouble is they are taken in by an industry with zero customer service ethic, whose agenda is money and money alone. The two aims are not the same.

There are no good private parking firms and the entire industry should be banned like clamping was in 2012. Won't happen because there s too much cash sloshing around, dominated by Capita-owned ParkingEye who even managed to get the Supreme Court to twist the law in their favour.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
OK, VCS would never have cancelled it anyway. Keep all the paperwork for 6 years, from PCN to all letters. Warn him about a probable claim & not to panic.

They are likely to get BW Legal (useless robo-claim legal firm) to try a useless robo-claim. Give me a shout if so, I write defences too. On forums well-coached defendants - scared ordinary people with no previous experience of court - win 99% of the time against this trash.

Did she spend over £30 and can she prove the breakdown? Before trying POPLA (which I can write for you if you wish) email Aldi Head Office, major complaint, attaching ALL Aldi receipts and Bank Statement payments that you as a family can cobble together to paint a solid picture of regular Aldi shoppers.

If she hasn't kept the receipt but can recall some of what she bought/which till might have been used, Aldi can reprint the receipt, not that it helps for POPLA who don;t take receipts into account. Aldi Head office will do, if you shout loud enough:

https://customerservice.aldi.co.uk/contact

Always complain before POPLA, because plenty of people have tried the other way round and been told by Stores/Head Offices: 'we would have cancelled it before the poor scammer firm were put to POPLA expense'.

She only called in there for a sandwich and a bottle of water, didnt keep the receipt, but has an e-mail from The AA confirming all the details, time, date and reasons for the call out and towing destination.
It was only a smallish Aldi with a 90 minute parking limit. The fine document, by a firm called Parking Eye state she was there for 1hr 52 minutes.
Amazing that they have a photo from distance when she first parked, but the second photo when she was overtime is a closer view, when the same distance view would show the AA patrol van next to her car.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here