Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Middle of the Park plan B?

Seagulldots

Sep 9, 2017
So what’s the plan B? Can we always rely on overlapping runs from fullbacks and wingers and Murray to nod in a cross? Or be occasionally fortunate with a pen or set piece? Nothing is really happening down the middle for us at the moment. I feel we need to start opening teams up and bringing Izzy or baldock in the middle. Kayal worked very well with baldock last season! What say you lot?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Personally before that I'd like to see Knocky or March playing on the left and Jose on the right with Murray and either Gross or Brown getting in the box. There have been times this season when we've had break forward and got in good positions only for Jose/Knocky to cut inside and move the ball sideways or slow it down allowing the defence to organise themselves which more often than not lead to nothing.

We raised the same query as we left the Amex on Saturday. There were times the centre opened up for Stephens and Propper but they don't have the pace to make the most of it, nor do they feed those 'magical' through balls - either because they don't have confidence in their ability or neither Murray/Hemed or Gross have the pace or anticipation to get on to the end of them. The ball nearly always goes side ways for either: i) AK/Solly/RiskyHairDo/Izzy to get to the bye line and make a cross and hope someone gets on the end of it; ii) get AK/Solly/RiskyHairDo/Izzy to cut inside when near the box and hope something happens. I think teams are starting to figure out there's rarely that much threat down the centre.

We are all looking for probably two new strikers to challenge and offer something different to GM & TH . . . perhaps Sam may feel like a new signing if he can get up to speed? But I'd suggest we also need a centre midfield magician to challenge Stephens and Propper with something different. I sort of think Kayal offers the same as these two, albeit important to have fresh legs and a challenge for places.

Anyway . . .up the Albion !:bhasign:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We raised the same query as we left the Amex on Saturday. There were times the centre opened up for Stephens and Propper but they don't have the pace to make the most of it, nor do they feed those 'magical' through balls - either because they don't have confidence in their ability or neither Murray/Hemed or Gross have the pace or anticipation to get on to the end of them. The ball nearly always goes side ways for either: i) AK/Solly/RiskyHairDo/Izzy to get to the bye line and make a cross and hope someone gets on the end of it; ii) get AK/Solly/RiskyHairDo/Izzy to cut inside when near the box and hope something happens. I think teams are starting to figure out there's rarely that much threat down the centre.

We are all looking for probably two new strikers to challenge and offer something different to GM & TH . . . perhaps Sam may feel like a new signing if he can get up to speed? But I'd suggest we also need a centre midfield magician to challenge Stephens and Propper with something different. I sort of think Kayal offers the same as these two, albeit important to have fresh legs and a challenge for places.

Anyway . . .up the Albion !:bhasign:

One thing different about Kayal is that when he gets the ball he looks to go forward.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Could Bolton's Josh Vela be plan B.
Clickbait seems to think so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here