Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Members

Liverpools squad value.

0 Not allowed!
    Liverpool Echo estimate Liverpool's squad value at £ 513.5 million pounds. That's a sizable chunk of what the EU is expecting the UK to meet as part of it's Brexit settlement. It would certainly exceed Brighton and Hove's annual GDP as a City. ( Liverpool (as a city) can only muster £ 65.8 million annual GDP ).

45 US States have Annual GDP's that are lower than this. The US is reputedly the worlds richest nation.

When the Premier League fixture becomes BHAFC vs. The US State of Georgia ( in Financial terms at least ), has football really lost the plot, and is FFP nothing more than a smokescreen hiding deep seated systemic problems in the way football is financed, regulated and organised?

I forsee a South Sea Bubble in the not too distant future, and I trust Tony Bloom to not follow Milan Mandaric's example ( at Portsmouth ) of putting success before sustainability.

That is all.
    " I think Norman Baker is a [email protected], and you can print that. "

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by 34064 Fighter Command View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Liverpool Echo estimate Liverpool's squad value at £ 513.5 million pounds. That's a sizable chunk of what the EU is expecting the UK to meet as part of it's Brexit settlement. .
      It's about 1% isn't it?
      "WINNERS FIND ANSWERS. PROMOTION CANDIDATES FIND THEIR SOLUTIONS. BRIGHTON HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER TONIGHT" Sky Sports commentator after Glen Murray scored 94th minute at Birmingham. 17.12.2016

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
      It's about 1% isn't it?
      Yes.

0 Not allowed!
      Liverpool Echo estimate Liverpool's squad value at £ 513.5 million pounds. That's a sizable chunk of what the EU is expecting the UK to meet as part of it's Brexit settlement. It would certainly exceed Brighton and Hove's annual GDP as a City. ( Liverpool (as a city) can only muster £ 65.8 million annual GDP ).

45 US States have Annual GDP's that are lower than this. The US is reputedly the worlds richest nation.

When the Premier League fixture becomes BHAFC vs. The US State of Georgia ( in Financial terms at least ), has football really lost the plot, and is FFP nothing more than a smokescreen hiding deep seated systemic problems in the way football is financed, regulated and organised?

I forsee a South Sea Bubble in the not too distant future, and I trust Tony Bloom to not follow Milan Mandaric's example ( at Portsmouth ) of putting success before sustainability.

That is all.
      Not sure where you are getting your GDP figures from but they are not even close to being correct. Are you getting your millions and billions mixed up?

Liverpools squad value.

0 Not allowed!

That is all.
      Not sure where you got your figures from but they are completely wrong.
      The state with the lowest annual GDP is Vermont with £29 billion.

Edit: Liverpool’s GDP is also £30billion +
      Last edited by Driver8; 04-12-2017 at 12:57.

0 Not allowed!
      Man U became the first £1b squad in the world last summer. Man City's similar. Buying 22 quality players.

You can see why Arsenal/Liverpool/Spurs are very unlikely to win the PL or CL for some time to come.

Leicester was the exception that proved the rule, in the season where the LFC/Citeh/ManU/Chelsea had managerial changes (and Arsenal/Spurs both blew their once in a generation chance).
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      You're right about getting millions and billions mixed up so I'll apologise for that. Even though my math might be a bit dodgy, for BHAFC to generate that amount of capital annually, we'd have to charge £ 830 per seat per game. For everyone. Utterly ludicrous. Way beyond what is sustainable in the marketplace. Would you risk telling your landlord he's not getting his rent this month because you need the loyalty points on your ticket?
      Last edited by 34064 Fighter Command; 04-12-2017 at 12:59.

0 Not allowed!
      My math might be a bit dodgy, but for BHAFC to generate that amount of capital annually, we'd have to charge £ 830 per seat per game. For everyone. Utterly ludicrous.
      And Liverpool would have to charge about £500/seat to generate £500 million from seat sales alone - also utterly ludicrous.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Under current FFP rules, sport is notionally dead, buried, and forgotten. The league becomes a stitch-up where the 'haves' asphyxiate the 'have nots'. The Premier League has seemingly become a bear pit, not a sporting competition. It's not about winning trophies, it's about amassing wealth and flaunting it.

When Liverpool have the wherewithal to buy a victorious squad of players, by throwing money at the problem, isn't the possibility of a victory against Liverpool a phyrric, hollow, and ultimately worthless piece of fools gold?

0 Not allowed!
      You're right about getting millions and billions mixed up so I'll apologise for that. Even though my math might be a bit dodgy, for BHAFC to generate that amount of capital annually, we'd have to charge £ 830 per seat per game. For everyone. Utterly ludicrous. Way beyond what is sustainable in the marketplace. Would you risk telling your landlord he's not getting his rent this month because you need the loyalty points on your ticket?
      Gate receipts are a drop in the ocean now compared with the TV money and sponsorship.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"