Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Parking Ticket Advice

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Finished work this evening at 22.15 got to my car and was given my first ticket in God knows how long.
Question is should I pay it or should I challange the mighty B&H city council?

Over to the Sages of NSC.......

Studio_20171203_225302.png

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I don't understand how you even got a ticket in the first place.

After 6pm parking is free, yet your ticket was at 6.45pm - am I missing something?

:lolol: :clap:

Very good, we have a winner. I pointed this out in the online appeal that I opened. I don't have anything against Parking Wardens but learning to tell the time would be a great advantage to doing their job.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Appeal it all day long. You wouldn't chuck £25 down the drain so why wouldn't you appeal. In fact, due to the fact that the warden clearly got it so very very wrong, i'd be looking for more than just the cancellation of the ticket.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
What time did you first park, how long did you pay for?
Only thing that makes sense to me is that you paid to park from 3 till 5pm, for example. Still there at 6.45, must have been an hour over the time? (No return within 4hrs.)
Not for one moment saying they were right, I don't know all the facts - just trying to think of why they gave you a ticket (apart from being plain wrong)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Only thing that makes sense to me is that you paid to park from 3 till 5pm, for example. Still there at 6.45, must have been an hour over the time? (No return within 4hrs.)
Not for one moment saying they were right, I don't know all the facts - just trying to think of why they gave you a ticket (apart from being plain wrong)

I first thought the same but have a look at first observation time

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I don't know if this is relevant, on the North Side of (I think) Eaton Villas there are a number of spaces with free parking after 6pm. However the 2 spaces adjacent to Eaton Gardens separated by a white line from the others are charged until 8pm. It is easy only to look at the restriction sign for the 6pm spots as the pay point is adjacent to the 6pm area. I nearly got caught out as I assumed the two signs showed the same timings.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I don't know if this is relevant, on the North Side of (I think) Eaton Villas there are a number of spaces with free parking after 6pm. However the 2 spaces adjacent to Eaton Gardens separated by a white line from the others are charged until 8pm. It is easy only to look at the restriction sign for the 6pm spots as the pay point is adjacent to the 6pm area. I nearly got caught out as I assumed the two signs showed the same timings.

It's the same in Elder place. There are bays that finish at 6.00 and some that finish at 8.00.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Appeal it all day long. You wouldn't chuck £25 down the drain so why wouldn't you appeal. In fact, due to the fact that the warden clearly got it so very very wrong, i'd be looking for more than just the cancellation of the ticket.

I first thought the same but have a look at first observation time

Hi guys, thanks for the suggestions buy I believe the ticket was issued incorrectly going by their own evidence. The thread is a little tongue in cheek as to how a warden could get it so wrong. I had paid for 2 hours from 4 til 6 as I have done many times over the years. I was pissed when I first saw the fine but ehen I saw the images online I did have a little chuckle.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Hi guys, thanks for the suggestions buy I believe the ticket was issued incorrectly going by their own evidence. The thread is a little tongue in cheek as to how a warden could get it so wrong. I had paid for 2 hours from 4 til 6 as I have done many times over the years. I was pissed when I first saw the fine but ehen I saw the images online I did have a little chuckle.

Yeah their first time of observation surely does it, appeal

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008

That reminds me........with a ticket machine, if you pay for a period that takes you into the free period it would normally round the time up ie if you paid for 2 hours at 4pm, if would print 8.59am on the ticket because you've paid for the time you have to and then get the rest as a bonus. It's possible that the paybyphone system doesn't work in the same way. If it doesn't that's something that needs to be made clear.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here