Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The kids Christmas party balls up !!!!!!

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
How long do kids have to wait in a que and then told they can’t meet the players ? Crushes outside to get in the main door by 12.30. Lots of kids crying and a waste of money. Spoke to a steward who said same happened last year, so nothing learnt :facepalm:

Luckily got the players autographs after they came out so my kids were happy but many kids unhappy!

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I don’t know. How long do kids have to wait in a queue before being told they can’t meet the players?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wondered what all the traffic was for. I turned off the A27 to go up Falmer Road at 10.15 this morning,and there were queues in all directions.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Luckily got the players autographs after they came out so my kids were happy but many kids unhappy!

They should have gone yesterday - the Liverpool players were doing autographs in the tunnel after the game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wondered what all the traffic was for. I turned off the A27 to go up Falmer Road at 10.15 this morning,and there were queues in all directions.

Was it a drive-thru autograph thing? Makes a change from the usual table setup I suppose.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
How long do kids have to wait in a que and then told they can’t meet the players ? Crushes outside to get in the main door by 12.30. Lots of kids crying and a waste of money. Spoke to a steward who said same happened last year, so nothing learnt :facepalm:

Queues were ridiculous. We got there at 10:30 and got into to meet the players at 13:15. Two and three quarter hours! I actually felt for the players. Some of them looked thoroughly bored. I heard some kids were less lucky and got turned away after queueing for over two hours.

Not sure about a waste of money - it was free wasn’t it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How long do kids have to wait in a que and then told they can’t meet the players ? Crushes outside to get in the main door by 12.30. Lots of kids crying and a waste of money.

Agreed. The FREE event that the club bother putting on every year for the kids is a right RIP OFF.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Last year at least they stopped people queuing when it came apparent it was taking too long, so whilst folk were annoyed at least they didn't queue for ages then get annoyed when being disappointed. Think when issuing tickets they should allocate a 20 minute time slot for when you can meet the players to avoid the ridiculous queues. That way kids go go inside and have fun, they can sell the grown ups hot drinks etc and then go meet the players in your time slot. Simple!

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
No complaints here, I think the club do really well putting the event on and go to a hell of a lot of trouble. Got there at 11am and queued for the players (bloody big queue) - at midday we were warned that we were unlikely to get in as the doors were being locked at 12.30pm.. we decided to stick it out until 12.30pm but were part of the unlucky 100 or so that got turned away.

Saw a bit of a rush for the door but that’s no fault of the club, just a desperate lunge from the parents nearest to the closing door. Calling it a crush is a little ott. Didn’t see many crying kids, we just went into the party and enjoyed plenty of the good entertainment that had been layed on.

As luck would have it we left a couple of hours later as the players were leaving the North Stand concourse and managed to get autographs and photos with everyone we wanted. Both my boys got pictures with Lewis Dunk and they genuinely could not have been happier. Considering that the players had been sitting and signing for well over 4 hours, they could not have been more gracious with their time. Really good afternoon, I think we’re very lucky to have a club that goes to so much trouble and expense.

Yep the queue for meet the players could have been slightly better organised but then I could also have got up earlier and got there in plenty of time.. zero complaints here, happy parents and happy kids :albion2:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No complaints here, I think the club do really well putting the event on and go to a hell of a lot of trouble. Got there at 11am and queued for the players (bloody big queue) - at midday we were warned that we were unlikely to get in as the doors were being locked at 12.30pm.. we decided to stick it out until 12.30pm but were part of the unlucky 100 or so that got turned away.

Saw a bit of a rush for the door but that’s no fault of the club, just a desperate lunge from the parents nearest to the closing door. Calling it a crush is a little ott. Didn’t see many crying kids, we just went into the party and enjoyed plenty of the good entertainment that had been layed on.

As luck would have it we left a couple of hours later as the players were leaving the North Stand concourse and managed to get autographs and photos with everyone we wanted. Both my boys got pictures with Lewis Dunk and they genuinely could not have been happier. Considering that the players had been sitting and signing for well over 4 hours, they could not have been more gracious with their time. Really good afternoon, I think we’re very lucky to have a club that goes to so much trouble and expense.

Yep the queue for meet the players cohrheuld have been slightly better organised but then I could also have got up earlier and got there in plenty of time.. zero complaints here, happy parents and happy kids :albion2:

shame you didn't start the thread. we might have had a more balanced thread title.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
We got in the queue at 10.45 and got in about 80 people ahead of the last one. However from about 11.45 a man was walking up and down the queue saying that doors would shut at 12.30 and thatbwhere we were was in the at risk area not to get in.

Once in we queued another 45 mins before seeing the players. After that we had an hour of the rest of the party.

So all in all my kids saw the players, walked through the tunnel to the pitch side, saw father xmas, did some circus tricks and sideshow type games and went home happy as pigs in muck.

No complaints from me and there wouldve been no complaints if we hadnt seen the players and had 'just' availed ourselves of the free party and seen the players who walked through those areas or when we left.

I doubt there is a perfect way to do these things and i fear that the club may stop it given it must be a logistical nightmare.

Do any other premier league clubs do stuff like this?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
shame you didn't start the thread. we might have had a more balanced thread title.

The thread title isn't great, is it? Juxtaposing the phrases "kid's Christmas party" and "balls up" is frankly Operation Yewtree territory these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here