Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That Dunk OG Thing Doing The Rounds Is Unfunny And Unworthy

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
OK, might make a decent enough pub quiz question (tho we'd all know the answer) but semi-mocking Lewis Dunk for his OGs v Man City, Man U and Liverpool is IMHO unfunny and unworthy. Boy's put his body on the line for us unflinchingly over a number of seasons and is a large part of where we find ourselves now. Boy deserves far better than people taking the piss. IMHO, like.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think all this England talk might have unsettled him.Leave the poor bloke alone to get his head back together.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's just a freak stat. For example, the Ashley Young incident was in no way an OG. Dunk was just defending the ball.

Mindless PL journalism. I'm getting used to it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I disagree regarding any mocking although I haven't seen any. Believe me, as a park player we'd get unrivalled stick from our team mates for doing exactly that so I would bet you a pound to a piece of poo he is getting it worse from his own team mates.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Shane Duffy seems to have coped. Dunk has been unlucky, that's all, & laughing it off, is one way of dealing with it.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
OK, might make a decent enough pub quiz question (tho we'd all know the answer) but semi-mocking Lewis Dunk for his OGs v Man City, Man U and Liverpool is IMHO unfunny and unworthy. Boy's put his body on the line for us unflinchingly over a number of seasons and is a large part of where we find ourselves now. Boy deserves far better than people taking the piss. IMHO, like.

Agree.

Also, him no Boy. Him is Man.

Innit.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If you do as much as he does in every game and throw yourself about with as much dedication
then OGs will happen. It should be a badge of honour really reflecting how much he's done.

larus

I was watching a stream of the game and the commentators were very complimentary about Dunk and the reviews he’s been getting this season. Shit happens and I’m 100% certain CH will be discussing this with Dunk if he feels it warranted - not to get him to change, just reassure if he feels it’s needed. More than likely he’ll just tell him to keep doing what he’s been doing week-in week-out.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
It's glaringly obvious why he scores own goals.. He's always trying to intercept anything going towards goal.. Always a last ditch challenge from him because he puts his all in for the Albion every game and leaves nothing on the pitch.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Who cares.....but if it has potential admirers doubting his ability it may be a good thing. He is our player, we know he is a superb player and we don't want him to leave.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Meh stats. 3 OG is very debatable anyway and if you would compare the amount of goals saved by him by sticking himself between the ball and the goal verses the "OGs" Dunk would have some of the best stats in the division. Nothing to see here

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He's the only player in PL history ( when football began :lol: ) to score an own goal double against both Manchester clubs in the same season.

Source: SKY Sports

Except in the real footballing world - and not one run by OPTA - he didn't. That goal at United wasn't an own goal in any traditional sense. Ball drilled at him from a few yards which may well have been on target anyway. It's a deflection. Utter nonsense.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's glaringly obvious why he scores own goals.. He's always trying to intercept anything going towards goal.. Always a last ditch challenge from him because he puts his all in for the Albion every game and leaves nothing on the pitch.

I remember seeing Gary Neville criticising a player, can’t remember who, for throwing himself in front of a shot from 25 yards a while back. He was saying that at the top level of football, the goalkeeper should save 19 out of 20 of those, and that the way he was always taught at Utd was that it’s more dangerous to hurl yourself in front of it, because it can go anywhere, making the play much harder to manage, and with a chance of an own goal. He was saying that their thinking was that if someone beats the keeper from that range then no problem, it’s a fantastic goal. Their perception of the percentages was that it was preferable to trust a top class keeper for a shot like that than to throw in a last ditch flying block, which regularly results in a more dangerous situation.

It was really interesting, I’d never thought about that before.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here