Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Galatasary scarf ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Did anyone see the Turkish looking lads outside Dicks Bar after the final whistle, walking around with a Galatasary scarf held up? Surprised more Brighton fans didn’t have a word ? Walked happily past police too. Very odd but defo weren’t Brighton fans

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Did anyone see the Turkish looking lads outside Dicks Bar after the final whistle, walking around with a Galatasary scarf held up? Surprised more Brighton fans didn’t have a word ? Walked happily past police too. Very odd but defo weren’t Brighton fans
Did you have a word?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Guys from Istanbul(maybe) want to go and watch a Brighton game and wear their teams colours. Have been to Istanbul on two occasions in the past. The people i encountered were decent, friendly people. Far better behavioured than those cowardly little Palace runts from the other night.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham

Turkish Groundhoppers?Maybe on a tour of Sussex

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Guys from Istanbul(maybe) want to go and watch a Brighton game and wear their teams colours. Have been to Istanbul on two occasions in the past. The people i encountered were decent, friendly people. Far better behavioured than those cowardly little Palace runts from the other night.

Whilst I don't personally have a problem with tourist fans coming to see games and spending money at our club I wonder if foreign fans would be made welcome in the home end at Galatasary? Your experiences of Turkish people in Istanbul may have been positive however go to a football match wearing another teams colours and I fear you will quickly see a different side of the story.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Whilst I don't personally have a problem with tourist fans coming to see games and spending money at our club I wonder if foreign fans would be made welcome in the home end at Galatasary? Your experiences of Turkish people in Istanbul may have been positive however go to a football match wearing another teams colours and I fear you will quickly see a different side of the story.

Why for example would a Galatasaray or say Fenerbahce fan have a problem with someone like you or I going to one of their games wearing an Albion scarf? Their main rivals i would maybe understand, but a foreign club they've probably hardly ever heard of. You're likely basing your opinions on a few dozen tabloid articles from the beginning of this century.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Why for example would a Galatasaray or say Fenerbahce fan have a problem with someone like you or I going to one of their games wearing an Albion scarf? Their main rivals i would maybe understand, but a foreign club they've probably hardly ever heard of. You're likely basing your opinions on a few dozen tabloid articles from the beginning of this century.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...kish-football-fenerbahce-besiktas-galatasaray

Kind of makes Palace on Tuesday look like primary school.

edab0533-9157-4f77-bd92-12833f13765b-2060x1236.jpeg

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Why is there a problem with Galatasary scarf?

(There was an Egypt flag held up in the WSL too, btw)

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
You didn't answer the question. I repeat: Why for example would a Galatasaray or say Fenerbahce fan have a problem with someone like you or I going to one of their games wearing an Albion scarf? We're not one of their rivals.

Violence is absolutely rife and virtually unchecked in Turkish football. With attendances falling sharply over the last decade due to fears of violence surely you must agree that it is reasonable to suspect that wearing another teams colours is likely to bring attention to you (both good and bad I suspect).

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Violence is absolutely rife and virtually unchecked in Turkish football. With attendances falling sharply over the last decade due to fears of violence surely you must agree that it is reasonable to suspect that wearing another teams colours is likely to bring attention to you (both good and bad I suspect).

Depends on the nature of the individual, which is the same with everything in life. You can't tarnish everybody at a club or a nation for that matter with the same brush. That's just ridiculous. As mentioned before, I chatted to a few local football fans in Istanbul and they seemed like decent enough people. No doubt they've got their fair share of knuckle draggers but then so have we and every other club and country.

I still don't get why any non-judgemental Albion fan would have a problem with some people wearing a foreign clubs scarf to the Amex. Bizarre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here