Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For all the doomers and gloomers

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Now implies something recent which I take as today’s result. Most of us, nearly all(?) would have expected to have ls9t this. So did we have a serious issue at home prior to this. No, unbeaten since Man City in opening day. :shrug:

Really! You twist the comments of someone else. I would suspect most NSCers will be fully aware that the post was referring to the fact that we haven't won at home since Newcastle.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seems to me there are some 'put your fingers in your ear and go ding a ling loo" brigade and everything will be magically ok. We all know we need a striker in January, just as we needed one in August. There is no guarantee we'll get one.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sadly however, if we lose to Huds. and West Brom beat the Swans which is more than likely, we will be looking at a relegation spot ! so that is why 3 points against Huds. is mega important !

Not doubting it's important but don't know how that works considering we're 7 points clear of the bottom three??

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What does this sentence mean :moo:

I cannot draw pictures for you so will try to explain simply. I thought that Palace were the worst side to play at The Amex but people who went to Swansea to watch the game said that Swansea were even worse than Palace and offered even less, so that could make them the worst.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I cannot draw pictures for you so will try to explain simply. I thought that Palace were the worst side to play at The Amex but people who went to Swansea to watch the game said that Swansea were even worse than Palace and offered even less, so that could make them the worst.
Palace actually have a pretty good squad and have improved a lot since Hodgson took over. their terrible start was partly due to a tough opening run of fixtures.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Palace actually have a pretty good squad and have improved a lot since Hodgson took over. their terrible start was partly due to a tough opening run of fixtures.
First two matches at Smellhurst were against newly promoted Huddersfield, and then Swansea. I bet they heaved a sigh of relief when they got those two out of the way!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Have they taken your crayons away again :moo:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
First two matches at Smellhurst were against newly promoted Huddersfield, and then Swansea. I bet they heaved a sigh of relief when they got those two out of the way!
I did say they have improved and got more organised since Hodgson took over .England maybe a step to far, but by and large he is a good club manager.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Quote Originally Posted by ferring seagull View Post
Sadly however, if we lose to Huds. and West Brom beat the Swans which is more than likely, we will be looking at a relegation spot ! so that is why 3 points against Huds. is mega important !

Not doubting it's important but don't know how that works considering we're 7 points clear of the bottom three??

I can hardly believe that we have dropped so far in a relatively short period of time !

phoenix

May 18, 2009

I can hardly believe that we have dropped so far in a relatively short period of time !

Why? we were always pretty close if you looked closely at the table. Good news is a couple of wins moves up a long way. But we need to stop playing with the shackles the manager has put on them, without fear, would help!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I can. One win in three months and deservedly so. No pace or creativity.

If it wasn't for the clubs that had been poor, we'd have been in the bottom three weeks ago.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I can. One win in three months and deservedly so. No pace or creativity.

If it wasn't for the clubs that had been poor, we'd have been in the bottom three weeks ago.

Pretty accurate.
8 points out of the last 39 would have seen most managers shown the door. The away form has been deplorable. One point from the last six games and that includes games against Huddersfield , Newcastle ( both on the slide ) and WBA ( no win since August ) and no goals scored.
The real worry for me, is how the discipline at the back has fallen apart. We played 14 games up the end of November and conceded 14 goals, with a GD of -1. The last 10 games have seen 19 goals conceded and our GD is now -16. Unless this improves dramatically and gets back to pre-December levels, we have no chance of survival. The manager has persevered with a shell-shocked Duffy ( post Dublin ) and a struggling Bruno and it has dragged us down. Dunk's confidence and form has taken a knock and the opposition no longer regard us as resilient. They know that if they can score early against us, we will struggle to come back.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Bit harder now that Swansea are suddenly shit hot, beating Liverpool and Arsenal, though.............

Too many fans have been clinging to the hope that certain struggling teams wouldn't have a resurgence....." Oh its ok, Swansea are shit...they are doomed....West Brom haven't won since August....Huddersfield will start to slide " etc etc. Well its wake up and smell the coffee time now. A number of managerial changes have seen a recovery in attitude and form. Carvahal and Pardew got awful stick on here but have re-ignited their teams and the 7 point gap has gone in the blink of an eye.
While all this has been going on, we have been sliding inexorably towards the bottom 3. The manager has not identified problems quickly enough and has been too slow to change. The players have been making more and more mistakes and we are being exposed.
The next four games will decide our season. My worry is that I am not sure we can improve enough to get the requisite number of points ( 7+ )

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Too many fans have been clinging to the hope that certain struggling teams wouldn't have a resurgence....." Oh its ok, Swansea are shit...they are doomed....West Brom haven't won since August....Huddersfield will start to slide " etc etc. Well its wake up and smell the coffee time now. A number of managerial changes have seen a recovery in attitude and form. Carvahal and Pardew got awful stick on here but have re-ignited their teams and the 7 point gap has gone in the blink of an eye.
While all this has been going on, we have been sliding inexorably towards the bottom 3. The manager has not identified problems quickly enough and has been too slow to change. The players have been making more and more mistakes and we are being exposed.
The next four games will decide our season. My worry is that I am not sure we can improve enough to get the requisite number of points ( 7+ )

Agree and I think it’s to late. Momentum is everything at this time of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here