Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton v Klopp

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Humility goes a long way, didn't seem much on display. Presumably doing a favour for his buddy Wagner.

Let's be honest, it will have taken something of note for our manager to lack professionalism.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Naylor of the Argus tweeted about it but didn't elaborate. CH did seem to be at far end of technical area rather than tunnel end today, have they got previous?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
At one stage Klopp was in our technical area giving instructions, after Murray missed. Didn’t see anything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wondering if it was just a momentary thing, for example, Klopp not being ready when he should have been.

Hughton then full of praise for LFC in his conference. Salah signing shirts for Duffy & co. So all ended happy?

[tweet]937010071715876866[/tweet]

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Wagner will destroy CH. Shame we can't hire in hardman Gary Monk for the day.

After living in Huddersfield for a year the bloke really is a utter tw@t the locals love him because he’s the most continental thing to hit the town ever, think it was said on here before, he’s a just a Klopp tribute act, and not even a Las Vegas one more of a back alley Benidorm one

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Just seen it on MOTD.
Unlike CH not to offer a hand shake to his opponent- win or lose.

Not sure what Klopp done to cause such a reaction to be honest :shrug:

May 21, 2014
Portslade
I had a pretty good view, straight after the final whistle Hughton walked over to Klopp ready to shake his hand and at the exact same moment he walked over Klopp turned around to hug Salah, it wasn't intentional by Klopp to ignore Hughton I think he was just caught up with the rest of his benches celebrations. Hughton wasn't happy I'd imagine that his words to Klopp would be something like you should really have the decency and respect to shake the opposing teams manager's hand before going off on your own celebrations.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
They just mentioned it on MOTD. They did shake hands but CH having words. Ian Wright says it was probably all of Klopps fist pumping and gurning that does many managers heads in, not just CH's.

Mourinho has spoken about this before, I think he was referring to Conte at the time. Jose basically said you can go mad for the first and second goals but after that you need to show some class. Klopp is a bell end and would have been gurning his tits off for every goal.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Garth Crooks certainly took exception to it...

"However, losing 5-1 is no fun, especially when Reds manager Jurgen Klopp is fist-pumping every goal and celebrating with his staff like it's the final of the Champions League. I understand the importance of winning, but this was Brighton. What I do take exception to is any manager being kept waiting to shake hands once a game has finished, while his opposite number finishes hugging and kissing his players and staff in celebration of their victory. I sense this was exactly what happened after the final whistle, and why Chris Hughton tore a strip off Klopp immediately after the game and quite rightly.

What is happening to the traditions of this great game? Has winning and money destroyed everything we hold dear? The convention is we shake hands immediately after a game because it brings closure to the occasion, and it starts with the managers. The game's conventions are bigger than any manager or player, and if either can't be bothered to perform the duty, I suggest they find another profession that can afford their bad manners."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here