Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dunk on course for a record

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Liverpool were 5-1 winners at Brighton, with Lewis Dunk putting the ball into his own net for one of their goals. Only one player has scored more own-goals in a single Premier League season than Dunk, who has three already this season. That is Liverpool's Martin Skrtel, who scored four in 2013/14.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Liverpool were 5-1 winners at Brighton, with Lewis Dunk putting the ball into his own net for one of their goals. Only one player has scored more own-goals in a single Premier League season than Dunk, who has three already this season. That is Liverpool's Martin Skrtel, who scored four in 2013/14.

Liverpool fans must like Dunk as he scored for them at Anfield too in the Fa Cup

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dunk was great again today. Fortunately he fluffed a pass just as I was commenting that I bet Klopp will try to sign him in January. :lolol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Was he the victim of an unlucky deflection, or did he score with a 30 yard screamer?

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
What I like though is that he ever hides!

He is forever putting his body on line to get in yet another block and although lady luck is not always kind, Dunk keeps giving 100% in every game.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Dunk (and Duffy) has to make so many last ditch blocks, many of which are when he is at least 5 metres from the person shooting, so it is no wonder that the ball deflects off him sending the keeper the wrong way. I'd be happier seeing midfield players facing and shutting down the attackers but in reality we don't have the pace to compete with the teams at the highest level.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It’s all crap as the one at United should never have been classed as an own goal. Ridiculous. That’s a deflection. Today was an own goal.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Do Chelsea has the scummiest fans? I have often thought this, after PaLLLLLLLace of course, but I am more and more convinced whenever I see them as I did in the background when MOTD did a shot on Conte this evening. Boxing Day will be fun

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Dunk (og,og,og) has got to cut out that side of his game, if he wants to play for England.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Dunk (og,og,og) has got to cut out that side of his game, if he wants to play for England.

Thanks for that insight. Are you a professional football coach?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It only happens because he cares.

I wish betfair had some humility regarding my 'Dunk anytime' wagers :(

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think the way he plays putting his body in the line of shots will inevitably lead to deflections. I would rather he do this rather than shirk it. I would guess a lot of top teams are still mulling it over but he still was one of the best (the best) of our players.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here