Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So a 15 year old Liverpool fan was arrested today for being in a possession of a flare....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
But the Palace fans can bring a whole box of fireworks to the game and nothing happens?!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
But the Palace fans can bring a whole box of fireworks to the game and nothing happens?!

Difference being he was caught with it in his possession on the way in.

If you get it past the turnstiles there is almost nothing they can do to identify who possessed and lit it. Seen many putting them in kids bags in the past.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

6 fans have already been arrested presumably on the night for various offences including a 15 year old. They are all local but it's unclear if they are Palace or Brighton. I would put my mortgage on there being LOADS more arrests in the coming weeks. It's how it works nowadays. They had a whole load arrested the morning of the match for the aggro at Spurs a few weeks back.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I note the comments about U-16s not allowed to be searched, although I've first-hand experience of having it done to my eldest. My question though is can U-16s be searched by other U-16s acting as stewards, I'm thinking we could use the ball boys, in much the same way as women are searched by female stewards?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
6 fans have already been arrested presumably on the night for various offences including a 15 year old. They are all local but it's unclear if they are Palace or Brighton. I would put my mortgage on there being LOADS more arrests in the coming weeks. It's how it works nowadays. They had a whole load arrested the morning of the match for the aggro at Spurs a few weeks back.

Just a shame they'll be released on bail before their court cases.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I note the comments about U-16s not allowed to be searched, although I've first-hand experience of having it done to my eldest. My question though is can U-16s be searched by other U-16s acting as stewards, I'm thinking we could use the ball boys, in much the same way as women are searched by female stewards?

Great comedy! Prusamably if you have an eight year old with you.....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Great comedy! Prusamably if you have an eight year old with you.....

They'll have to go through this chap

93da9ae90dcd930dab69bc84e59aa0f8--security-guard-philippines.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This has opened up a huge can of worms. What about cisgender people? Who do they get searched by? And does it make any difference if they're pre- or post-op?

They might need to give them a new job title - ball boy for searching young males might seem a bit inappropriate.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
This has opened up a huge can of worms. What about cisgender people? Who do they get searched by? And does it make any difference if they're pre- or post-op?

You don't seem to be very clued up on the subject.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea

You're not related to Bens Grandad by any chance are you?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I'm not sure that the Palace debacle should meant that all away fans for the rest of the season are given a free pass to do as they please.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Nobody has spoken about the most important point.Where did he nick the flare?

Gull & Chips

Nov 30, 2017
my 8 year old was searched on the way in. They had a lady search the kids (and presumably other women) and were very clear about asking permission and gernerally being friendly. All the security was very polite and efficient. I was unsure if they might be a bit on edge after palace but it was all very good natured, quick and welcoming. Possibly be different for groups of scallies but for an old bloke and his kid they were sound.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
One Liverpool hooligan got one through the searches, red smoke after the first goal. About three rows back from where the new super stewards were standing, which led to a lot of pointing but no snatching of the miscreant. Those orange stewards were new, have we been recruiting ex SPG or did they belong to Liverpool?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here