Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Excuses, excuses, excuses

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

How often do you do this?

I quite often hear the "sorry i can't make it there has been a family emergency", has there or is it the ultimate excuse. (Had that one this morning)

What do you get told from your friends or professional appointments?

The cars broken down?

We can't come out tonight because the wife's premenstrual and she may just kill someone.

I can't make it tonight because i am a Palarse Ultra.......................and i do what i like.

More importantly what do you use???

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I normally use the wife excuse but drop the word premenstrual, anyone who knows her will understand.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ghanaian bloke I once worked with phoned in sick one day saying he had 'a general malaise'. From that day on he was known to one and all as General.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I am honest. My wife tells all kinds of lies.

She text her friend (in error) to remind me we 'had a puncture' when we didnt go around to theirs

My neighbour asked me if my son was better this week - he's fine - apparently we cancelled his daighter baby sitting as my kid was too unwell for us to go out

Car broken down, trains not running were always favourite but kids ill & babysitter not turning up must be the most used these days.

I prefer - can't be assed / already done this, this & this & so knackered & skint = more truth

D

Deleted member 2719

I normally say "I can't be arsed" because that's usually why I don't do something.

I have just been asked to go to a party with only 5 ladies between 23-30 years old and they are all fit.

Would you like to come?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Having worked in recruitment for 10 years, I think I've heard them all. You wouldn't believe how many people's cars break down on the way to a job interview. It's an extraordinary coincidence how often that happens.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
A kid in my class at school in the 90s got called out by the teacher once. "Wilkinson, you are not very lucky because this is the sixth time that your grandpa has died"

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
How often do you do this?

I quite often hear the "sorry i can't make it there has been a family emergency", has there or is it the ultimate excuse. (Had that one this morning)

What do you get told from your friends or professional appointments?

The cars broken down?

We can't come out tonight because the wife's premenstrual and she may just kill someone.

I can't make it tonight because i am a Palarse Ultra.......................and i do what i like.

More importantly what do you use???
Maybe people don't want to spend time in your company? [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I have just been asked to go to a party with only 5 ladies between 23-30 years old and they are all fit.

Would you like to come?

100%

But to be honest, the day of the party will roll around and I'll find myself quite comfy on my couch playing FIFA or something and think "Nah, can't be arsed".

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Make up a disease ( it worked before the internet anyway)

I was often absent from my first ever job because of an outbreak of the Pling.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A kid in my class at school in the 90s got called out by the teacher once. "Wilkinson, you are not very lucky because this is the sixth time that your grandpa has died"

That’s why I’m having ‘Do not resuscitate’ on the end of my bed. I don’t want my grandchildren’s education suffering from those doctors keep bringing me back.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Maybe people don't want to spend time in your company? [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Erm you could be right !!

Alot of these people are work related and will not have come across me until our meeting, so i think to be fair it's not me...........................i hope!

100%

But to be honest, the day of the party will roll around and I'll find myself quite comfy on my couch playing FIFA or something and think "Nah, can't be arsed".

Okay 5 naked fit girls and Fifa in the same room.....................surely you wouldn't!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Having worked in recruitment for 10 years, I think I've heard them all. You wouldn't believe how many people's cars break down on the way to a job interview. It's an extraordinary coincidence how often that happens.

Interviewed my now Wife for a job about 20 years ago, it was a two phase interview and the first interview was on the Wed or Thu and I called her on the Friday to say we'd like to see her for the second part of the interview on Monday week. That Monday came and in she walked (hopped) broken leg, one arm in plaster and various cuts and bruises having had a serious car accident the week previous.

She'd also created a plan for the first few weeks whereby she could instruct people what to do rather than demonstrate and had arranged transport to and from work should she have been successful; sometimes you know you've found the right person!

Married now and she comes up with all sorts of excuses to get us out of this and that!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Years ago I had an interview with a company in Brighton mid morning. As I normally travelled for an hour to work I looked forward to a lie-in and didn't bother setting the alarm.

Woke up 20 mins before interview was due so, in a panic, I phoned the HR Director and explained that I popped into work to clear up some urgent stuff and had got caught up. 'Don't worry' she said 'just get here when you can'. So after a leisurely shower and breakfast I strolled down the road and had the interview.

Got the job, and later the HR director told me that they were very impressed with the fact that I had gone into work first to do the 'urgent work'. Was there for about 6 years and never told anyone :blush:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Was late once (been on the sauce night before) for my job in London. Not helped by those jammed packed pavements you get in London. Walked in, everyone knew why I was late so just nochantly apologised to all and said got stuck behind slow moving Rastafarian (technically posssible in London, the pavements are as bad as roads in rush hours) and got let off for originality by LM. Morale of story? Get creative with your excuses and get away with stuff.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Years ago I had an interview with a company in Brighton mid morning. As I normally travelled for an hour to work I looked forward to a lie-in and didn't bother setting the alarm.

Woke up 20 mins before interview was due so, in a panic, I phoned the HR Director and explained that I popped into work to clear up some urgent stuff and had got caught up. 'Don't worry' she said 'just get here when you can'. So after a leisurely shower and breakfast I strolled down the road and had the interview.

Got the job, and later the HR director told me that they were very impressed with the fact that I had gone into work first to do the 'urgent work'. Was there for about 6 years and never told anyone :blush:

Superb! :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here