Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Impending Grief Handbag Contents

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I work on an intensive care unit. Today I walked past the bedspace of an elderly patient who sadly will not survive his illness. His daughter was sat at his bedside holding his hand, clearly upset at the certainty of her father's fate. Beside her on the floor was her wide open handbag. Inside her handbag, for all to see, was a massive purple dildo.

I suppose you never know when the horn is gonna grab you...

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Deary me I have no idea how to react to that! Yes I do, sick. The story, the post, the attempt at humour maybe just weird.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I work on an intensive care unit. Today I walked past the bedspace of an elderly patient who sadly will not survive his illness. His daughter was sat at his bedside holding his hand, clearly upset at the certainty of her father's fate. Beside her on the floor was her wide open handbag. Inside her handbag, for all to see, was a massive purple dildo.

I suppose you never know when the horn is gonna grab you...

All in a day's work. Things that make you go 'WTF?'

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
dont forget to update us when he has passed and shat himself you utter tool. Totally disrespectful and unprofessional of youl.

I'm really not sure what prompted this abusive reaction. I described the scene with sensitivity. I made an observation on the human condition. If discussing death & dying in a candid manner is beyond you then there are people you can talk to. Ask your mum to book you an appointment.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I'm really not sure what prompted this abusive reaction. I described the scene with sensitivity. I made an observation on the human condition. If discussing death & dying in a candid manner is beyond you then there are people you can talk to. Ask your mum to book you an appointment.

Sensitive really? Think the dark sense of humour you develop working in your job probably isn't very acceptable to the rest of us.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Deary me I have no idea how to react to that! Yes I do, sick. The story, the post, the attempt at humour maybe just weird.

An observation on the human condition that caused me to double take the situation and prompted me to share. We humans perceive any overwhelmingly emotional situation to switch off libido. It came as surprise to me that clearly for some that isn't the case. I thought that was interesting.

I am very comfortable discussing death and dying. It should not be a taboo subject. It is not 'sick'. It will happen to us all and sometimes funny and bizarre things happen around it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just hold on a minute so I can get royally offended by this

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
My other half is a ward sister so I really get your original post.

There has to be gallows humour when you work in a hospital. I do however, suspect that some could be offended by your original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My other half is a ward sister so I really get your original post.

There has to be gallows humour when you work in a hospital. I do however, suspect that some could be offended by your original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, me too. My wife used to work as a nurse on a Care of the Elderly ward at Worthing Hospital. She would come home with stories about death and dying (which, shock horror, is quite common amongst old, sick people), some of which were very funny. Not laughing at the suffering or the grief, just about the human response to certain situations. Perhaps the OP did misjudge his audience slightly, but it doesn't mean he doesn't care or doesn't do his job respectfully and competently.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sensitive really? Think the dark sense of humour you develop working in your job probably isn't very acceptable to the rest of us.

For future reference - If ever you get invited for a few beers with a group of undertakers, don't go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here