Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Bananarama tonight at the Brighon Centre

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Do you go to many gigs :) ????

Yes matey. Loads. I've been to dozens at the Brighton Centre too. Seen bands as diverse as The Fall, Paul Weller, Underworld, Adam Ant, The Specials, Billy Ocean...far too many to mention. It's a horrible venue for music that has always let me down in the past but tonight was bloody excellent. And I'm a complete and utter music geek. I even have a website devoted to it and full of Icelandic folk, British techno, Russian breakbeat, Swedish dreampop and loads besides.

Can't be doing with musical snobbery. I also bloody love pop, especially 80s pop and tonight was a lot of fun.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It's a terrible venue.
Didn't go tonight, not my thing ... Flaming Lips, Echo and the Bunnymen, Bob Dylan and Lloyd Cole and the Commotions were good there.

Primal Scream were xxxxing terrible and Nick Cave and his Naughty Seeds weren't much cop.

Pet Shop Boys were a bit rubbish and the Amy Winehouse thing was a bad idea. When she came on she was great but the audience of letting agents and p.r. company temps would have been better off waiting until Boxing Day to have their annual jolly to a mental asylum. Horrible night ...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's a terrible venue.
Didn't go tonight, not my thing ... Flaming Lips, Echo and the Bunnymen, Bob Dylan and Lloyd Cole and the Commotions were good there.

Primal Scream were xxxxing terrible and Nick Cave and his Naughty Seeds weren't much cop.

Pet Shop Boys were a bit rubbish and the Amy Winehouse thing was a bad idea. When she came on she was great but the audience of letting agents and p.r. company temps would have been better off waiting until Boxing Day to have their annual jolly to a mental asylum. Horrible night ...

If it was the Flaming Lips gig with Wayne in a ball and crowd surfing then yes, that was a great gig too (although not as good as tonight). The Nick Cave gig there was bloody awful. Massive Attack were probably the biggest ever disappointment. I got bored.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The 'Rollercoaster' do.
25, (maybe 30?) years ago.

Blur, Dinosaur Jr., My Bloody Valentine, The Jesus and Mary Chain.

That was pretty damn good.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Best gig I think I've ever seen there. Brilliant from start to finish. Anyone else go?

Springsteen, Queen, McCartney, The Who to name just a few who know how to get the Centre actually to sound like a decent venue, and would I suggest have been better than Bananrama

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Springsteen, Queen, McCartney, The Who to name just a few who know how to get the Centre actually to sound like a decent venue, and would I suggest have been better than Bananrama

It's always difficult because music is such a personal thing but to be honest, I've never really been into any of the acts you've mentioned so I probably still would have enjoyed tonight more than any of those but more than happy to admit that there's lots of people who would disagree with me.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
To change the subject slightly, my favourite music venues are Brixton Academy and Camden Roundhouse. The first because it's a beautiful venue with loads of history and creates such a great atmosphere. The latter because it's how all new venues should be made. By far the easiest place to get a drink too.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Mine was Carter USM when I was 14 backed by a band called The Family Cats sure you know them both

I was a big fan of Carter USM. I saw them when they toured with EMF. I've not heard of Family Cats though, I'll check them out. Carter USM wrote some of the cleverest, funniest and most caustic lyrics of any band and they're up there with Half Man Half Biscuit for the best song titles ever.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here