Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Smellhurst beam back fiasco

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=169741

Apart from the nasty scenes at the Amex there was total chaos at Selhurst for the beam back.
For some reason the powers that be found it beyond them to cope with the thousand or two supporters that turned up.
They started with one turnstile open which was right at the top of Holmesdale Road,eventually the penny dropped and they opened a couple more.
After queuing for 20 minutes I got in to see hundreds of people trying to squeeze down a narrow staircase,luckily nobody tripped over.
For some reason only the upper Holmesdale was open,the furthest distance from the screen.
Most fans didn't have binoculars so a lot of them were crammed in by the bars,watching on the small TV's.
All in all a total shambles,amateur organisation & a complete disregard for the supporters.It was easier getting in to Wembley for the cup final.
Thankfully we gained a valuable point at the end of it.

:clap::clap::clap:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You watched the game surrounded by those goons?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
After their cup final beam back disaster I'm amazed that anyone was stupid enough to go to this. Oh, hold on.....

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
"We are a Premiership club being run like a pub side. Surely us loyal fans deserve better?"

[emoji23]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So Disney is still too tight to provide those giant screens on the back of lorries that we get at the Amex, and instead expects fans to squint at that poxy little 32" Technics TV from Cash Converters, that they have hanging off the roof of Sainsburys up the other end of the ground.

How tinpot. How Palace.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can't be arsed to find it, but someone on these very pages posted a picture of another beamback of theirs (the Cup Final?) where the fans were at the far end of the pitch to a tiny screen. It sounds like this was exactly the same.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't be arsed to find it, but someone on these very pages posted a picture of another beamback of theirs (the Cup Final?) where the fans were at the far end of the pitch to a tiny screen. It sounds like this was exactly the same.

I think it was the poster above you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here