Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lineup for Saturday’s match against Liverpool

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Quite looking forward to this game ..the pace of their forward players will give our defence a severe examination..but they do have a rather wobbly defence.
Can’t see any/many changes ..Bong back in for Suttner? Murray for me had a disappointing game on Tuesday ..time for Hemed?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tiredness will be the factor - and 'the levels' that CH often talks of dropping.

Maybe Murray does need a rest and will be switched with Hemed ?

So, with that in mind,

Ryan

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Suttner

March
Stephens
Pröpper
Izquierdo

Groß

Hemed

Subs : Krul, Schelotto, Goldson, Kayal, Knockaert, Murray, Baldock / Brown

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Also think Murray is a yellow away from a ban, so would go with Hemed to get him up to speed and rest Murray for Huddersfield, but bring him on as a sub if needed.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Also think Murray is a yellow away from a ban, so would go with Hemed to get him up to speed and rest Murray for Huddersfield, but bring him on as a sub if needed.

A better suggestion would be to send Murray on for 10-15 minutes at the end with a "get booked" instruction. Rather he missed Huddersfield than any of the other games coming up.

I'd suggest they get Duffy booked for similar reasons.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
..................... Ryan ...................

Bruno ... Duffy ... Dunk ... Suttner

...... Stephens .. Propper ............

Knockaert ......Gross ....... March

................... Murray ...................

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A better suggestion would be to send Murray on for 10-15 minutes at the end with a "get booked" instruction. Rather he missed Huddersfield than any of the other games coming up.

Surely it is better if they miss a 'free hit' like Liverpool or Spurs ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would start with the same line up. Yes Murray did have a disappointing game v CPFC but did Hemed do anything at all when he came on NO he wasnt involved in the game at all. So leave GM where he is. Plus Liverpool are notoriously weak in the air at the back and GM is far better than TH in that area of his play.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Liverpool's defence in the PL isn't as shocking as the media narrative wants everyone to believe. Other than away games to highly rated Citeh (with 10 men) and Spuds, they've normally concede just 0 or 1 goals.

Set pieces due to their occasional achilles heel of zonal marking, may well be our best threat. Murray must play.

Defensively, our sitting deep approach is the best way to frustrate them. Last night Stoke foolishly pushed up and were picked off by world class forwards. https://www.footbie.com/video/stoke-city-0-3-liverpool-extended-highlights#ath

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Suttner was excellent the other night, we've suddenly found ourselves blessed with two top quality left backs all of a sudden, who'd have thought.

Reckon there'll be a surprise change or two for Saturday, Brown to start?

Seriously hope not as he has done nothing when he has come on to suggest that he is anywhere near good enough I would be happier if he wasnt on the bench and Baldock was. In fact I would probably go as far as to say I would prefer Molumby, Murphy or Tilley on the bench than him if Baldock isnt ready.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Why would you want them to miss the most winnable game?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Really? Have players banned for a more winnable game?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Seriously hope not as he has done nothing when he has come on to suggest that he is anywhere near good enough I would be happier if he wasnt on the bench and Baldock was. In fact I would probably go as far as to say I would prefer Molumby, Murphy or Tilley on the bench than him if Baldock isnt ready.

Utter rubbish. Love it how people write players of after getting the odd 10 mins at the end of a game.
Just what do you expect of the likes of Hemed and Brown given 10 mins at the end of the game on Tuesday ?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
On his recent showings I would say that is highly unlikely. I would prefer Iziquierdo as I am sure that our midfielders will eventually find him with some long raking passes that allow him to take on the right back.

A game of opinions I guess. We have the Bruno Knocky trickery on the right that often allows us to get to the byline and create options but we don't seem to have the same going on down the left. Solly seems to have the belief that he can take on his man, reach the byline and make things happen. Izquierdo seems more inclined to cut back inside to already crowded spaces. Of course, it could be argued that Jose is more likely to make something happen all on his own but I'm not convinced. I also think Liverpool have been a little suspect with crosses so we should be considering them as a weapon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

WTF? Huddersfield is one of our biggest games of the season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here