Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zaha

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As an individual thought he was biggest handful we have faced. He sometimes took wrong option but was in game all the time. Appreciate is a diver but on a bad day Propper Bruno as well as Dunk could have been booked.trying to stop him. Also the push by Dunk in box. I know didnt get on at Man Utd but as Palace rely on him so much hope one of big clubs come in for him

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
As an individual thought he was biggest handful we have faced. He sometimes took wrong option but was in game all the time. Appreciate is a diver but on a bad day Propper Bruno as well as Dunk could have been booked.trying to stop him. Also the push by Dunk in box. I know didnt get on at Man Utd but as Palace rely on him so much hope one of big clubs come in for him

Nah, Kevin De Bruyne is a much better player than Zaha, and was much more of a handful. I'm glad we only need to play them once more this season in the league.

If Palace lose Zaha they are screwed.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I am with you OP. As with most rivals players, the intensity of feeling is heightened when they are good. He can produce something out of nothing despite not being involved for 85 minutes in some games.. fewer games he plays for Palace the better, but wouldn't bet on him going anywhere. Tottenham and Arsenal could do with a little more back-up to their front lines but he won't want to be a back-up player, with fans who question whether he is good enough for them.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I have a grudging respect for his talent (though not for his diving, which has frequently overshadowed the good parts of his game). I wasn't looking forward to his appearance at the Amex but he didn't have a great game, or perhaps we just nullified him to a large extent.

That said, I can't really picture him at a big club and wouldn't be surprised if he sees out his career at Palace. If they get relegated maybe someone like Leicester or even Everton might come knocking but not Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool etc.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He does make the difference to their side, though the other night was well marked out of the game

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Disagree. I thought he was quite disappointing and quite why Hodgson decided to play him through the middle rather than run at Bruno and Suttner I'll never know....

Merino, Shaqiri, De Bruyne just three off the top my head who have been more impressive.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ok, this is controversial, but ..... I'd love to sign him when they go down.

He does let it get to him when he's being marked out of the game, he can resort to just trying to win free kicks and moaning at refs, but boy has the guy got some talent.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Jordan Ibe made far more of an impact in a fifth of the time. Zaha is undoubtedly talented, but not yet as good as he thinks he is.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Zaha is quality and the **** was a big part in us losing the play off semi.

Love the way he looks just like Dwayne Dibley though :lolol:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Should have buried the chance, used the wrong foot!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
We contained him fairly well I thought. Not seen a player try to con a ref so much in a long while though.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I thought Benteke was a bit of a handful, seemed to win most balls in the air. His comedy non-flick in the first was quite amusing.

As for Zaha, I think once or twice he went to ground but got straight up and tried to get the ball, so maybe he was conscious of not living up to a reputation.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
His trickery of foot is something I can’t recall any other current Premier League player having, with the possible exception of Bolasie.

Stumpy Tim

I thought Benteke was a bit of a handful, seemed to win most balls in the air. His comedy non-flick in the first was quite amusing.

As for Zaha, I think once or twice he went to ground but got straight up and tried to get the ball, so maybe he was conscious of not living up to a reputation.

Agree with this. Zaha was very disappointing. Benteke on the other hand won everything in the air - not often Duffy comes off second best in that department. Benteke would really suit the way we play

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
As per my brief report, he's clearly a very good player, but his decision making is terrible.

Great credit to the Aussie keeper, but in truth a horrible miss from young Wilf - who for me represented both Palace's biggest threat, and yet also their biggest shortcoming. Clearly an extremely talented footballer - when not sidetracked by whining like a little bitch, about (literally EVERY decision) - but his decision making is mercifully terrible.

Four times over the course of this contest, Palace broke, at pace and in numbers. Four times a clear goal-scoring chance seemed inevitable. Every one broke down through Wilf holding on to the ball too long, or taking on a speculative shot with team-mates well placed. Think he took the rivalry thing too far on board, and was determined that he alone should be the Palace hero on the night.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

Don't think he was the best we have faced, but he is certainly a very good player and was always threatening on Tuesday night.

But I can't stand him mainly because of the cheating/diving thing. The Palace thing is less important to me...... but he is known to "get" the rivalry because he supported Palace as a kid, and so has said he hates Brighton, so couldn't see him coming here unless it was as an "agent" to mess us up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here