Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Holmesdale.net

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Palace fans on the main thread seem to be suggesting that there will be hundreds of Liverpool fans down with no tickets on Saturday as " that is what they do" and there will get trouble.

Something about that brighton better be ready?

Not sure we have had fans turn up without tickets at the Amex before the twats last night did?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Palace fans on the main thread seem to be suggesting that there will be hundreds of Liverpool fans down with no tickets on Saturday as " that is what they do" and there will get trouble.

Something about that brighton better be ready?

Not sure we have had fans turn up without tickets at the Amex before the twats last night did?

Probably not in those numbers. I would imagine that things will be very different Saturday nonetheless. I can't imagine Liverpool fans doing what those idiots did anyway.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Surely Liverpool fans, more than anyone, would be aware of the potential consequences of overcrowding/rushing gates.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Mods!

I don't think this is going to play out well.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
There will be no stadium trouble with Liverpool. Some good humour yes. The spotty teenagers at Palace don’t have any class, have been raised in a deprived part of London and probably haven’t had a good community around them to support their development.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
to stop this snow balling.... I've received a polite PM from Clapham Gull and although he/she might have interpreted my post in an accusatory way, I can assure you that in no way was I implying that Liverpool fans rushed the gates at Hillsborough. My reference to "overcrowding" was the link to Hillsborough, and the reference to rushing gates was clearly (or maybe not here!) intended to refer to last night's events.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
to stop this snow balling.... I've received a polite PM from Clapham Gull and although he/she might have interpreted my post in an accusatory way, I can assure you that in no way was I implying that Liverpool fans rushed the gates at Hillsborough. My reference to "overcrowding" was the link to Hillsborough, and the reference to rushing gates was clearly (or maybe not here!) intended to refer to last night's events.

He/she is gonna cause a few laughs on here tonight :)

Got exactly what you said and should have PM'd you first.

The events at Hillsborough went through my mind late last night as I read what happened.. Not because it was similar, simply because the non existent ticketless fans were blamed,

Where the club were exactly correct last night was not allowing more fans in if they were unsure how many got in without tickets.

.. which is exactly what didn't happen at Hillsborough.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There will be no stadium trouble with Liverpool. Some good humour yes. The spotty teenagers at Palace don’t have any class, have been raised in a deprived part of London and probably haven’t had a good community around them to support their development.

There is a debate around whether that is part of London.....

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The silly billys don't realise, we've already played Liverpool at the Amex (without any trouble).

They're still blame shifting, thinking it was 'inadequate stewarding' without realising it was their own stewards in the away end.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
We don't hate Liverpool so most mild mannered people wont turn into something they rarely do.

Plus I doubt any other clubs fans would be as chavvy.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Liverpool and Man U are massive clubs with huge followings there will be lots of fans hoping to buy tickets on the day as always, getting bored with being asked about blooming Liverpool tickets !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here