Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Results Went Well For Us Tonight

el punal

Still 9th= with Leicester (points and goal difference the same!). All the teams below us lost apart from Everton who decided to stuff West Ham 4-0. That means last night's draw was definitely a point gained rather than two dropped. I feel a bit better now.:drink:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Still 9th= with Leicester (points and goal difference the same!). All the teams below us lost apart from Everton who decided to stuff West Ham 4-0. That means last night's draw was definitely a point gained rather than two dropped. I feel a bit better now.:drink:

That'll wipe the smile off that smug Wagner!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Liverpool beating Stoke 3-0 at the Britannia isn’t necessarily a great result for us given our next opponents... otherwise, yep, a great set of results.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Liverpool beating Stoke 3-0 at the Britannia isn’t necessarily a great result for us given our next opponents... otherwise, yep, a great set of results.

Not at all.

Liverpool knew they're getting nothing at the weekend so went all out to win tonight.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Moyes is already looking like a class appointment. If ever there's a bunch of owners that deserve relegation

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Good opportunity to scout them against a lower half side though. We will need as much intelligence on how to handle the likes of Salah et al as we can. Stoke clearly failed, hopefully we can lern from their performance.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Seeing Mark Hughes last night was sheer joy, what two faced g*t. Absolute KARMA. Hope Liverpool have used up all their energy and luck.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Hopefully it kn@ckered them, and they have one less day to recover........

........ but that is probably wishful thinking. It will, though, be an interesting comparator as to how well we contain them compared to Stoke. After we did very well away to Man Utd, they won against a very good Watford side 2-4. I was going to say "destroyed", but I haven't read enough about it to say that was the case.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The fact remains that they didn't start with their leading scorer. Saving his legs for Saturday - obviously.

..... because we are much more worthy opposition....... said he, hopefully.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
That'll wipe the smile off that smug Wagner!
A man after my own heart... the "Huddersfield Miracle" is my least favourite sporting narrative of recent times.

They got lucky playing hopeless Palace on the opening day and followed that up with 1-0 v Newcastle to go 6pts from 2 games.

Since then they have 9pts from 12 games and a number of seriously bad results on their Premier League CV.

There is no miracle. They made astute loan signings last year and had a good team that reached 5th place in the league and were 12pts away from automatic promotion (i.e. Brighton). Wagner is obviously a decent football coach but there is absolutely no evidence yet to support his own hype.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here