Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] January transfers

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Clearly we will be doing our upmost to get a striker or two in I suspect we might be wanting to strengthen midfield too as Stephens and propper can’t do it all alone. To bring three or four in we will probably need to sell a couple. Likely suspects would be lualua Murphy possibly kayal?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Clearly we will be doing our upmost to get a striker or two in I suspect we might be wanting to strengthen midfield too as Stephens and propper can’t do it all alone. To bring three or four in we will probably need to sell a couple. Likely suspects would be lualua Murphy possibly kayal?

FFS not this again.......grrrrrrr. It’s ‘utmost’ [emoji23][emoji23]

......and Skalak and Murphy will go before Kayal, because we have no CM cover otherwise.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Skalak and Murphy must be the 2 most likely to leave the squad.

A striker and midfielder to replace them. We already have Ahannach signed to be 4th choice winger.

In central defence it's all about keeping Dunk. Goldson may go out on loan, so another central defender may come in.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Skalak and Murphy must be the 2 most likely to leave the squad.

A striker and midfielder to replace them. We already have Ahannach signed to be 4th choice winger.

In central defence it's all about keeping Dunk. Goldson may go out on loan, so another central defender may come in.
Forgot about skalak id be very surprised if he was still here in February goldson on loan was wanted in the summer as I recall? I think andone is virtually a done deal and I expect done early in the window maybe someone like viera at Leeds could be someone to look at

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sidwell must be under pressure.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
OUT of 25 squad :

Skalak ( loan )
Murphy ( loan )
Goldson ( loan )

IN :

New striker
New central midfielder
New central defender

Sidwell fitness and outlook assessed. Make decision on Jan 31st whether Ahannach takes his place in the squad.

Keep Dunk.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
OUT of 25 squad :

Skalak ( loan )
Murphy ( loan )
Goldson ( loan )

IN :

New striker
New central midfielder
New central defender

Sidwell fitness and outlook assessed. Make decision on Jan 31st whether Ahannach takes his place in the squad.

Keep Dunk.

That would be good, although I think we might well sell Murphy and we should, and we should sell Skalak, but we won't. I doubt we'll sell Dunk in January, but things might be different in the summer. If we do make those three signings, I'd suspect one will be on a loan, unless the recruitment team think there's sufficient value and quality to be found in this window.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
IMHO any incoming striker is dependent on how they feel about Baldock and his chances of full fitness.

I expect Baldock to stay, but even so l think we are in urgent need of new strike power. Personally, if we are able, I'd sent Brown back to Chelsea. His overall attitude, and unwillingness to get involved have really disappointed me.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A striker and a centre midfielder would be my thoughts.

If its just 1 a striker, I expect a loan, and Delaney from Bremen if possible.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Skalak or Murphy out (both won't go without at least one replacement coming in, Skalak out more desirable/likely)
Goldson loan out

Striker in - number one priority
Centre back loan in
Centre mid possibly (Kayal only fit back up option, Molumby untested at PL level but has bright future)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Why would we loan Goldson out ?... he's on the bench ahead of Uwe every week, and Duffy and Dunk are bound to be banned at some stage. Keep him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here