Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Great news for Alfa Romeo and F1 fans

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When I heard Alfa were back in F1 it did get my interest, only to then find it was just being Saubers principal sponsor

Don’t rain on my parade!

I think they are basically taking over the running of the car using 2018 spec Ferrari engines. Not quite as good as a totally independent marque but I will enjoy watching them try to climb up the grid over the next couple of years.

I have a new favourite team and I never had any time for Sauber before :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Be interesting to see if it lasts the season without rusting .

Keep ‘em coming! A reputation that lingers from the 1970’s Alfasud, bad news hangs around for decades!

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Hopefully they will change their colour scheme. While this years meant they were easy to spot, it was a bit tacky / indy car for me

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s the future return of Aston Martin that’s getting me excited, not another Fiat marque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Oh well just their name stuck on the side of the car then? A Sauber Car with a Ferrari engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Fix
Or
Repair
Daily
- been out of F1 for many years now but still the engine that's won more races than anyone else.

Fix
It
Again
Tomorrow
- never really been into performance cars

now we have

And
Lets
Fix
Again
- just a sticker on the car and some Euros in the account - nothing much else I reckon ...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Alfa will be back in F1 next season.

I may well be the only NSCer excited by this prospect I accept as I have owned Alfas for most of my adult life. maybe there are others on here?

Cue all the jokes about never finishing a race :smile:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2017/11/alfa-romeo-to-return-to-f1-with-sauber.html

What do you mean not finish a race? It won't even make the first corner before the gearbox is left on the grid.
I hope it doesn't rain because if they do manage to actually get it going it will disintegrate, like wacky races.
Oh and by the way, I love love love Alfa Romeo.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here