Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Home Form: Worried?

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Not bedwetting in the slightest but that's no home win for over two months now. The troubling thing is the games since the Newcastle win in September could or should have been won. Concerned?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It's starting to cause a bit of concern for me if i'm honest. It's the opponents we keep drawing with. You expect to be picking up a few more points.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I think CH will be privately disappointed with ur home form, he probably expected to take six or four points against Stoke and Palace, so now will have to find those points elsewhere. I would like to see 25 points by Christmas, but not sure now. Just shows how tight the PL has become, even Tottenham struggling to stay in the race atm.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Stoke and particularly Everton (thanks Bruno) were both wasted opportunities, whilst the position remains optimistically good on 17 points, you do have to wonder where the next home win is coming from at this given time?

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Lost 1 game at home in the toughest league in the world against Man City the best team in that league. Not worried in the slightest.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Getting a bit concerned at our inability to score, but just about OK for now points-wise despite the home draws given the 'surprise' wins at WHU and Swansea. Reconfirms (if it was necessary) the need for another striker though.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Considering Newcastle have picked one point up in the last five games (home and away), I'm not concerned by our form one bit, home or away.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Yes I'm concerned. We lack pace in the centre going forward and we need to be sharper taking half chances. We are a counterattacking team to some extent though and Saturday might suit us.

Not worried overall. Our away form based on the same defence that has seen us only lose one at home will gain us more points than we probably predicted
Knockaert is coming into form too and with growing self belief he will start taking shots and scoring goals

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not yet time to worry but if we fail to win 1 or 2+ of Liverpool, Burnley and Watford then maybe.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Not worried but not surprised. Very blunt in attack. I love GM but our squad is better set up away from home.

We’ve all had those dreams where we’re trying to punch someone but the punches are in slow motion...? That’s us attacking at the Amex.

When we have A “Sam Baldock” back we’ll be more creative and direct at home. That said, we’ve become very accustomed to 5 across the middle and would only be able to sacrifice Gross.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I said this last night. Our home form is going to cost us if we are not careful. Ok we have won two away games at teams below us, however, only drawing against stoke and Southampton, and against the team bottom of the league is not good enough.

This is very tight now with palace one win from being out the bottom 3. Looking at the next few games, we have Liverpool, Burnley, Watford as home games, all of which have decent away records. I am not expecting anything from Liverpool, but would hope to win one of the other two...if we don't, the away games at town and Chelsea look like games we need to get something out of.

What really concerned me yesterday is how we played against a poor side in this division( a bit like stoke) ..we seemed happy to **** about in midfield with no outlet up front. They sussed our game within 2 minutes and pushed up forcing is backwards time and time again...this was not Man City, this was palace! The Colombian is not worth 13 million...solly is a better player than him and knocky blows hot and cold. Murray struggled against a decent centre back and gave the ball away too much. What really showed was that , although they were shite, the palace forwards broke as a unit...zaha, Townsend, etc all dashing up field when the break was on.....we preferred to let them get organised and then try to break them down, which we couldn't. Did the goalie have any saves to make apart from 1 shot that Stephens blazed the rebound wide? Example was near the end, attacking,..solly passed it back to stutter for him to cross...he sat in it, passed it back, then to dunk...then to duffy....palace reorganised...it ended up back at the Aussie.

I am not bedwetting, but we really do need to show more intense attacking play if we are going to get goals. I can't see where one is coming from at the moment with this slow slow quick slow buildup hughton seems to prefer.

Bloody horrible night last night!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
We haven't lost at home, we just need to be better up the other end.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I made the same point ahead of this game: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?358531-Home-form

This unbeaten home run is all well and good but draws can kill you. If you'd offered Chris Hughton 4 points from Everton, Southampton, Stoke and Palace I doubt he'd have taken them, and nor would I.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Defence is rock solid, so no concerns there. We don't pose enough of a threat on goal tho.

That was certainly the case yesterday but you have to be a bit careful, we do create chances (even at Man Utd) and we scored twice at home in the game before that.

And I'm trying to ignore the bare home results all the while we are picking up wins away, and since this relatively barren home run started we have won away from home twice. Ultimately if this is as bad as it gets, we'll stay up comfortably.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Aren't we the first side NOT to score against Palace this season, and we've given them their first point away from home?

Could have been worse, I guess.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here