Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should RR and fan zone be dropped for certain games?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Nonsense. Atmosphere was great and we need the ramp up to get us going especially midweek. Ramp up being consistently good is one of the reasons we get good atmospheres and not a library.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
Fine with fanzone and ring of fire just wish they would turn off that noise or what ever it is just before the game between GOSBTS and ring of fire

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Said the same to my brother. Fan zone ruins genuine atmosphere, I wish they'd stop using it for bigger matches. There was no need for it tonight, it would have been wonderful to hear both sets of fans before kick-off but that crap just blasts over everything. It's been noticeable that for the past few seasons fewer and fewer people are joining in. I am in the family stand and if people aren't bothered there where will they be?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Fine with fanzone and ring of fire just wish they would turn off that noise or what ever it is just before the game between GOSBTS and ring of fire

Agreed. It’s a total atmosphere killer.

Hold on, a fvckwit who only goes maybe once or twice a season when he can scrounge a ticket from someone not attending is telling us how it should be done.

Fvck off Rory.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
How do you ramp up an atmosphere 15 mins before the game, when 50% of the fans are finishing their beers on the concourses?

We want to encourage kids to go to matches regularly and they love Fanzone.

Rory, good fishing again, but go to bed now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes. Kids waving flags and singing? Boo!

An increasingly menacing and brooding atmos, with a bit of 'you're gonna get your far king ed kicked in'? Yeah - bring it on!

:rave::O

:tumble::wanker:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hold on, a fvckwit who only goes maybe once or twice a season when he can scrounge a ticket from someone not attending is telling us how it should be done.

Fvck off Rory.

Even a stopped clock can be right twice a day. I don't often agree with Rev but it doesn't mean he is exclusively wrong.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
But what about the children, they really like fanzone.

Perhaps those that are looking for the sequence to be dropped pregame, should just get louder to drown out the stuff they don't want.

Fvck off Rory.
Put a hoody on and stick a flare down your trousers you are evidently a special fan. Give it a rest mate and try and deal with your own demons. I tried ignoring your abuse but it gets very very boring John.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think if the club spent some more time trying to make it so that fanzone ramps up the noise it could be good. It needs a refresh I think.

Put your hands up for Brighton is AWFUL. BIN IT
Great Escape - Alright.
That nanana Brighton one is pure cheese. Especially when the "drop" kicks in. What are we supposed to dance? BIN IT
Hey Jude - often gets the opposition fans more warmed up than the Brighton fans. So you hear a mixture of "Brighterrrrnnn, Paliissssss and Hey Juuuuude" BIN IT.

I like the idea of a vocal warm up despite it being a bit tinpot. But using actual songs don't work for me on most occasions. Some suggestions.

Some suggestions:
- The banging pattern that guy in the north stand does when we get a corner. Pump that through the PA 10 or so times.
- Start off the chant with a recorded version of the fans singing. Play a drum beat to keep it going for a while - The "we all follow Brightnovablion one" for example
- Maybe... maaaaaybe try something where the stands compete against eachother. It would be hard to make it anti-cringe, but it's possible
- Get a better song in for the kids to wave their flags and get on the TV. I know they love it and they should get their chance to be on the big screen. But play something better. Change it every week it doesn't matter. But please just bin 'Put your hands up for Brighton'. Please.

Ok I'm done.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It felt like the atmosphere was really getting going but then got drowned out by blasting out the fans zone rubbish! With games like this can we not let the fans build the atmosphere from 15 minutes before kick off? :moo:

Spot on Rev, far too many happy clappers love it though. :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here