Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Auto Drive Cars

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Pre match nerves. Need to waste time.
I was thinking the other day how these auto self drive cars would get around two problems I encounter every day.
1/ Lewes Road, Brighton. A bus pulls along side of me, indicates and pulls out hoping I give way. How would an auto drive know to get out of the way as it will think it has the right of way?
2/ In a jam will it know which lane is going the fastest or just stick to the left lane?

Told you I was bored. Think I'll get my coat and have a pint at the Highlands.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I was thinking the other day how these auto self drive cars would get around two problems I encounter every day.
1/ Lewes Road, Brighton. A bus pulls along side of me, indicates and pulls out hoping I give way. How would an auto drive know to get out of the way as it will think it has the right of way?
2/ In a jam will it know which lane is going the fastest or just stick to the left lane?

I would imagine busses go driverless before cars. The survival rate for pedestrians in Brighton will shoot up.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

There will be sensors all over the place monitoring all directions in real-time. I think the
two scenarios are probably the least of is problems. The biggest will be image confusion
- i.e. thinking it is seeing one thing and it being an optical illusion in fact. Result: carnage.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I'm so nervous about tonight I'm answering threads about which I haven't a clue :)

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London

I don't know the answers to your questions but have a question of my own - will auto drive cars be able to parallel park because I can't?!

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

The car would start seeing the bus move, anticipate what it might do and take the appropriate action.

Watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfRqNAhAe6c

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here