Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 24 points from 16 games

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We've given Man City one of their hardest games of the season at a time when we were nowhere near as good as we are now. We weren't particularly good at Arsenal but we did compete across the pitch, they just had more goal threat. And we gave Man United a seriously hard match on their own turf, looking every bit as good as them on the day, only losing because we just don't quite have enough quality in attack.

Sooner or later we will score the first goal in a home match against one of the big six and I reckon we will get at least a draw. I also think we'll get at least one win at some point this season. We are a very good team in most areas of the pitch and would be a nightmare for a big team to break down at 0-1. I actually quite fancy us on Saturday.

Agree with this - wouldn't write off all the top six games at all. Spurs couldn't beat West Brom last weekend......they blow very hot and cold too. Six wins and a draw here and there from 25 games. Very doable.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We've given Man City one of their hardest games of the season at a time when we were nowhere near as good as we are now. We weren't particularly good at Arsenal but we did compete across the pitch, they just had more goal threat. And we gave Man United a seriously hard match on their own turf, looking every bit as good as them on the day, only losing because we just don't quite have enough quality in attack and the officials missed the kick out at Bong which should have meant a free kick to us and not a goal for them.

Sooner or later we will score the first goal in a home match against one of the big six and I reckon we will get at least a draw. I also think we'll get at least one win at some point this season. We are a very good team in most areas of the pitch and would be a nightmare for a big team to break down at 0-1. I actually quite fancy us on Saturday.

Just added a bit :)

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
If the games against the "Big 6" clubs are free hits but we don't expect to get anything from them, and 40 points is the safety target then it means we have 16 games left to get 24 points.

Now, it seems unlikely that we'll not pick up the odd point against the Big 6 and a lower points tally may do (35, 38, 36, 34 and 37 were the safety points in recent seasons) but 24 from 16 is quite a stiff test.

The good news is, so far, we're 16 points from 10 games so we're on track. Three points tonight will be a big help, obviously.

It may be a stiff test for us but i’m going with the theory that this also means it will be equally tough if not tougher for all the teams below us with less points !

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Who cares where the points come from. Survival at any cost is the be all and end all this season. If we can get a toe hold in this division, then next season perhaps we will be able to push on and establish ourselves.

I agree to an extent but it can only be good for moral if we were to take a couple of big name scalps. Would rather win at Chelsea than 'uddersfiled for an example. When the inevitable happens and some of best decide to move on that would surely push their value up just a thought

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
As Seagull4Ever rightly says - without tempting fate - the current bottom sides will need to demonstrate Premier League winning form if the initial premise is true.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
v 13 clubs

H w8 d5 =29
A w2 d5 =11 Total 40

so far

H w2 d4 we have to win 6 out of 7 to get back on track
A w2 d1 l 2 we have to draw 4 out of 9 (or win 1, draw 1) which seems feasible

I think we are falling behind.

The 7

Watford D
Leicester D
Bournemouth W
Swansea W
West Ham D
Burnley D
Huddersfield W

that sequence has to be improved upon or else we will only get 32 pts.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was 24 points from 16 games, it's now 17 points from 10.

It would seem we're going to fall short by 7 points. :dunce:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Draws against the bottom clubs does at least stop them gaining on us.

Now just sort out that pacey striker FFS

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Going back to 2010/11 40 points has been more than enough. Could possibly only need about 37. Obviously 40 needs to be the aim though!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Looked at all remaining games and cannot see past 10/11 point haul.

Hoping 33/34 will be enough....

January signings will possibly change that though..........

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We’ve drawn more than most so four wins will be enough. Four wins alone gets us to 35, plus we will inevitably draw at least two or three.

Unfortunately what I’ve been saying for some time about not being able to write off the 12 games against the top six is becoming more evident. All these home draws have to be compensated for somewhere. In my opinion we are not staying up now unless we take points from the big six.
Maybe; thats why I'm praying man u have nothing to play for when we play them.

We need to target wins Vs Swansea, west ham, Leicester and hudds, the latter two being consecutive games which is massive.

I'm almost certain Burnley will have nothing to play for when we come up against them, so I fancy getting something there.

Stoke and west Brom are both dreadful.

Still plenty to play for but I really think we needed to win one of Newcastle or Bournemouth

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We’ve drawn more than most so four wins will be enough. Four wins alone gets us to 35, plus we will inevitably draw at least two or three.

Unfortunately what I’ve been saying for some time about not being able to write off the 12 games against the top six is becoming more evident. All these home draws have to be compensated for somewhere. In my opinion we are not staying up now unless we take points from the big six.

Picking up something from a top 6 game looks increasingly necessary - Arsenal (H) would be the pick for me I think, or maybe Man U if their season is over

I also think we're going to need an away win and can't see much opportunity beyond WBA and/or Stoke

Home wins against Swansea and Hudd's would then edge us nearer safety but there's probably another win needed somewhere, so either 2 aways or WHU would be the next most likely I think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here