Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

24 points from 16 games

0 Not allowed!
    If the games against the "Big 6" clubs are free hits but we don't expect to get anything from them, and 40 points is the safety target then it means we have 16 games left to get 24 points.

Now, it seems unlikely that we'll not pick up the odd point against the Big 6 and a lower points tally may do (35, 38, 36, 34 and 37 were the safety points in recent seasons) but 24 from 16 is quite a stiff test.

The good news is, so far, we're 16 points from 10 games so we're on track. Three points tonight will be a big help, obviously.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I know you've already alluded to this, but I would be amazed if we don't pick up at least a couple of results against the top six. We're more than good enough to compete with any team. The difference is we don't have lots of goals in us like the top teams do, but sooner or later we're going to score first against one of the big boys and if that happens we'll be very hard to beat.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Complete Badger View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I know you've already alluded to this, but I would be amazed if we don't pick up at least a couple of results against the top six. We're more than good enough to compete with any team. The difference is we don't have lots of goals in us like the top teams do, but sooner or later we're going to score first against one of the big boys and if that happens we'll be very hard to beat.
      We have yet to score against a Top 6 team, and you think we'll beat one 'sooner or later' ?
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      We have yet to score against a Top 6 team, and you think we'll beat one 'sooner or later' ?
      We've only played ONE home game though, and that our first at this level, against possibly the best team in the WORLD. (and even then Murphy probably ought to have done).

At Arsenal only pure blind luck prevented March's rocket ending up in the net, rather than rebounding back off the inside of the post, and we had our chances on Saturday.

Home games to come against Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Spurs. We'll pick up SOME points there, for sure.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      We've given Man City one of their hardest games of the season at a time when we were nowhere near as good as we are now. We weren't particularly good at Arsenal but we did compete across the pitch, they just had more goal threat. And we gave Man United a seriously hard match on their own turf, looking every bit as good as them on the day, only losing because we just don't quite have enough quality in attack.

Sooner or later we will score the first goal in a home match against one of the big six and I reckon we will get at least a draw. I also think we'll get at least one win at some point this season. We are a very good team in most areas of the pitch and would be a nightmare for a big team to break down at 0-1. I actually quite fancy us on Saturday.
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Who cares where the points come from. Survival at any cost is the be all and end all this season. If we can get a toe hold in this division, then next season perhaps we will be able to push on and establish ourselves.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      Who cares where the points come from. Survival at any cost is the be all and end all this season. If we can get a toe hold in this division, then next season perhaps we will be able to push on and establish ourselves.
      That is all true, of course. I think it is important not to just 'write off' the games against the big clubs though. If Huddersfield can win against United, we can do similar, for sure.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

1 Not allowed!
      "24pts from 16 games" is obviously a stiff test.

It is also a misrepresentation of what we are most likely to need from those 16 games.

37 points are very likely to be enough. And we are likely to get a couple of points from the Big 6. For example, we have a roughly 1 in 3 chance of avoiding defeat against Liverpool at The Amex next Saturday and even away from home at Big 6 (apart from City) we'll be no worse than "1 in 4" or "1 in 5" to get at least a point...

If we have to agree a target from the other 16 games then I'm happy contemplating the fact that we will probably need around 19 more points from those 16 winnable games.
      The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.

0 Not allowed!
      I'm not shifting from my games played plus 10% = Points required. We're on 13 played so need 14.3 points and have 16. Given the run in I'd like us to be at 42 before the last FIVE games though!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Gariani View Post
      "24pts from 16 games" is obviously a stiff test.

It is also a misrepresentation of what we are most likely to need from those 16 games.

37 points are very likely to be enough. And we are likely to get a couple of points from the Big 6. For example, we have a roughly 1 in 3 chance of avoiding defeat against Liverpool at The Amex next Saturday and even away from home at Big 6 (apart from City) we'll be no worse than "1 in 4" or "1 in 5" to get at least a point...

If we have to agree a target from the other 16 games then I'm happy contemplating the fact that we will probably need around 19 more points from those 16 winnable games.
      Even less than that, IMO.

I believe that THE target is actually 38 points rather than 40, for starters, so 22 needed altogether.

I'm going to 'give us' 6 points from the remaining nine 'big club' matches, leaving just 16 from 16 to knock off