Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What time can you start using your ticket for travelling today ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
3.5 Hours before the match. Turnstiles open at 5.45 today.

From the website:

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 08.53.49.png

(edited as had attachment issues!)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For the Stoke game I arrived at a Brighton around 4 and it was fine, although the guy didn’t really seem bothered.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
3pm, hope at the ground 6ish. Can't wait, hopefully its a special night

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Once tried using my st to get on a bus at about 7am to the office on the same day as an evening match. Jobsworth wouldn’t have it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Once tried using my st to get on a bus at about 7am to the office on the same day as an evening match. Jobsworth wouldn’t have it.

Perhaps he considered 7am much too early to be going to a game even had it been a Saturday 3pm kick off so the ticket wasnt being used in the correct manner in accordance with the rules..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perhaps he considered 7am much too early to be going to a game even had it been a Saturday 3pm kick off so the ticket wasnt being used in the correct manner in accordance with the rules..

That's exactly what he said.

Jobsworth.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Stagecoach seem perfectly happy to accept my season ticket for travel from Cowfold at any time on the day of the match. Free travel is actually only available from Henfield further down the route, but hey ho l'm not complaining!

The problems arise when it's a Sunday game. Sussex Coaches operate the service, and their drivers look at my ticket as if it is something from outer space, tell me it isn't valid, and demand the full fare.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I have not had any issues on the trains travelling earlier than the specified time. Southern don't give a shit about the services they provide so no surprise their staff don't give a toss. Makes no difference to them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Technically it is 3 hours before k/o isn't it ?although this seems flexible within reason.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
You didn't. I was reading the posted quote from the website below your post.

I just forgot to quote it!

Seems the wording on the website seems to have changed but yes the tickets still say £4 travel subsidy on them. It's just the club refers to the Free Travel Zone a lot now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's exactly what he said.

Jobsworth.

I dont see how anybody can be criticised for doing their job at what was obviously so far outside the terms of use; had it been 9 or 10 . for a Saturday game or 12 for a night game perhaps so. Had it been a ticket inspector he may have added a penalty fine for having no ticket. It is easy for me to be like this as I always use my OAP Bus pass to go into Brighton like today at 3pm.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I dont see how anybody can be criticised for doing their job at what was obviously so far outside the terms of use; had it been 9 or 10 . for a Saturday game or 12 for a night game perhaps so. Had it been a ticket inspector he may have added a penalty fine for having no ticket. It is easy for me to be like this as I always use my OAP Bus pass to go into Brighton like today at 3pm.
I would have thought the more spread out the travel times the better. Surely would ease the squeeze a tad.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

You'd hate me then. I've used my season ticket card on the 700 a few times when we've been playing away. (still a matchday innit).

I've not seen a ticket inspector on a 700 since 1989.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here