Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Holloway on fans leaving early.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
QPR were 2-0 down last night going in to the 93rd minute and came away with a draw.

Ian Holloway had a pop at fans who left early and sounded pretty pissed off with them during his post match interview.

I know it's that old debate again but I agree with him on this one. Imagine tonight, we're a goal down in stoppage time but score twice to win. You wouldn't want to chance missing something like that.

On the supporters who left early:*"I was disappointed with our fans and with their fans.

"I'd like to say to ours, 'You should have stayed'. Everybody who did stay, well done, you deserved that. Don't go home early.

"If you missed it you ain't half missed something.

"You might not have missed your last bus, but you missed a treat."

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
A cheery Christmas for some punters, not so cheery for others.....

Brentford:

1.01 £75,993
1.02 £107,966
1.03 £24,120

Draw:

600 £15
900 £0
1000 £5

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Brentford:

1.01 £75,993
1.02 £107,966
1.03 £24,120

Draw:

600 £15
900 £0
1000 £5

This is like a foreign language to me, don't understand any of it.

Anyway back to Holloways comments.

I did have a smirk when I saw the QPR goals with all the empty seats where their fans had decided to give up on the team.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
1 in a thousand fans 'need' to leave early for some legit reason. Any above that I 1000% agree serves them right and personally have never left a game early here for that exact reason.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Mid-week games are tricky for many, some people have to get up early for work, have long journeys etc. For some there is more to life than football

And what would be the attendance next week if all the early leavers didn't return Ian?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Will be amusing if their next home gate is 1000 lower.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Brentford:

1.01 £75,993
1.02 £107,966
1.03 £24,120

Draw:

600 £15
900 £0
1000 £5

I suppose that means something to someone. I'm not a betting man, so it went right over my head. ???

It means that £75,933 was matched at 1.01 ( 1/100 ), so punters gambled ( risked ) a total of £75,933 to win a grand total of £759 on Brentford winning the game. This was an in play market so I presume that these odds were available after Brentford's second goal.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Unless Holloway knows they didn't have to leave early anyway (because, y'know, people have lives outside football perhaps) then he's bang out of order.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Transport links are great around there. Really shouldn't need to leave early

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Unless Holloway knows they didn't have to leave early anyway (because, y'know, people have lives outside football perhaps) then he's bang out of order.

Correct. He's a dick.

Its alright for him, he can drive home from his parking spot at the ground in his Bentley Continental after he's given all his excuses to the cameras. But for people who have real jobs with early starts, leaving a few minutes early can be the difference between getting home at 11 and getting home at midnight.

If we're 2-0 down tonight, I very much doubt I'll be seeing injury time.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

The ground was half empty. You get your normal early leavers no matter what the score is but there is no way that many would have left had they been winning.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Holloway can F off. Football players and managers etc get lost in their little world and don't appreciate what fans have to go through just to get to games these days with the cost and then traffic/rail problems involved.

I'm sure they regret leaving now but on a late midweek night I'm sure a lot of them have valid reasons for having to go early. I never leave early as I think it's so expensive to go these days I want my money's worth as well as not wanting to miss anything but I wouldn't criticise fans that do. With TV companies scheduling games all over the show with no consideration for fans, this is surely going to happen more and more.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The man has not once of common sense.

They have been on a massive losing run. They are down 2-0 again last night before the late goals.

So to then come out and alienate those same fans that he is going to need ''on side'' to try and save his job in the coming months. The man must be on ''doo-lally'' pills

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The man has not once of common sense.

They have been on a massive losing run. They are down 2-0 again last night before the late goals.

So to then come out and alienate those same fans that he is going to need ''on side'' to try and save his job in the coming months. The man must be on ''doo-lally'' pills

No no, I think he's whats known as a "CHARACTER"

And apparently the game desperately needs characters. I keep getting told this.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
1 in a thousand fans 'need' to leave early for some legit reason. Any above that I 1000% agree serves them right and personally have never left a game early here for that exact reason.

Correct. He's a dick.

Its alright for him, he can drive home from his parking spot at the ground in his Bentley Continental after he's given all his excuses to the cameras. But for people who have real jobs with early starts, leaving a few minutes early can be the difference between getting home at 11 and getting home at midnight.

If we're 2-0 down tonight, I very much doubt I'll be seeing injury time.

They're in London. You can get home any time of day or night in London. The Amex is a bit different.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here